#39- Hormones

#39
Madelyn's POV

"Madelyn, I really think that you should go to the hospital" Cara tells me.

"I promise you I'm fine" I tell her, "it was probably just because I was overwhelmed, I just came from Cole's"

I look around me, noticing the puddle I'm in.

"Why were you at Cole's? Why give that assface any of your time?"

"With his injuries, he fell trying to get into the shower and so I helped him shower"

"Why Madelyn? Why do that when he's proved so many times that he'll be nothing but the player next door?"

"Because I love him" I tell her, looking up into her eyes, "And I care about him. But at the same time I hate his guts, for... everything. But we really had something special, and I know that he cheated, but that doesn't make it easy to just erase any good that came from our relationship."

"I wish I completely understood, I'm sorry that I don't" She responds, "I just- I see how much it affects you every time he fucks up. I just don't want you to be hurt by him again."

I nod my head, bringing my gaze back to the puddle surrounding me.

***

"You're pregnant" the doctor exclaims, having a seat next to me. "You are about 10 weeks along. Unfortunately, due to the uterine damage that you have, it looks as though you are going to miscarry relatedly soon"

I don't hear anything else that she says after that.

***

I enter the apartment to a concerned Cara.

"Is everything alright? Did they figure out why you passed out last week?"

"I'm pregnant" I mumble, not fully comprehending what I'm saying.

"You're what?"

"Pregnant" I look up from the floor, still shocked.

"Like, there's a baby inside of you?"

"Mhm", tears begin to stream down my cheeks uncontrollably. "There's a baby inside of me. But it's going to die"

Cara walks up to me and pulls me into a hug, I'm hesitant at first but I hug her back.

***

It's been a couple of weeks since I found out about the baby.

I guess, my baby.

Cole and I's baby.

My Spanish professor emailed me a couple days ago and said that Cole and I need to get in our Spanish project.

We were originally given an extension because of the whole bridge incident.

So today I am going over to Cole's, solely because I want a good grade in the class.

I wander around the apartment, gathering school supplies that I'll probably need and putting them into my backpack.

"Where are you going?" Cara asks, as she sits on the couch with Jess.

"My extension for my Spanish project is nearly up and so I'm going to Cole's to work on it"

"Are you going to tell him?" Cara asks.

Don't worry, she's not outing my secret. Jess already knows. She doesn't know the whole extent, but she knows that I'm pregnant and that I have a condition where I will likely miscarry.

"I don't know" I respond, "I think he deserves to know, but the baby might also be gone in like a week."

"Don't talk about it like that" Cara says, "maybe you won't miscarry"