#22-Lingerie

#22
Madelyn's POV

We arrived home about a week after leaving. When we left I had no responsibilities except for school and swim. Somehow throughout the duration of our trip, I also picked up the responsibility of a child.

To say I was overwhelmed, would be an understatement.

Most people that have kids at my age have to at least have sex. Not only that, but then they grow the human for nearly a year and have all this time to prepare.

One day I found out that I had a sister from my father's secret family. And less than a week later I was her legal guardian.

Chris had to go home because school was starting back up for him.

I got Hazel enrolled in a local middle school. Since I have the most amazing friends ever, they offered to help in any way that they could. Although, she is almost a teen which means that she can probably stay home by herself, but it would still be nice to have someone to watch over her just in case.

Cole and I walk to our Spanish class, side by side. The comfortable silence encapsulating us. We bump shoulder every once in a while or the back of his hand brushes mine, sending chills through my entire body.

"Oh my gosh. Cole? Is that you?" I hear a high pitched voice from behind us. Both Cole and I turn to face the direction that the voice came from.

"Lucy?" Cole questions.

Lucy?

Who the fuck is Lucy?

"The one and only" she says, doing a little hair flip. She opens up her arms and Cole walks into them.

While in the hug, I see her glance at me.

"What are you doing here?" Cole asks as they both pull out of the hug, clearly shocked.

"I just got accepted, so I came to check it out"

"This is my friend, Maddie" He motions towards me.

"Madelyn" I correct him. He's the only one that calls me that, "and it's nice to meet you"

"This is Lucy Benson, we grew up next door to each other."

I take in her long, dark hair and the way the sunlight reflects in her bold amber eyes. She's insanely pretty. So pretty that it's difficult to look away.

The bell sounds around us, pulling me out of my trance.

"We should get going to class, but I'll for sure catch up with you later." Cole tells her.

I do a little wave as Cole and I turn to continue on our trek to class.

***

I sit in the library studying when Cara quietly rushes in, she sits down across from me. Causing me to lift up my head. Her demeanor frantic.

"Madelyn"

"Yeah?"

"Okay so what I'm about to say might sound crazy and I don't even know for sure it was just a thought-" She rambles quietly, not trying to disrupt the other students.

The only other student I see is a girl standing next to a shelf of books, with her back facing us.

"Mhm"

"I think I might like girls" she blurts out, "like like girls" she clarifies.

"Okay" I respond.

"Okay?" She asks, "That's all?"

"Yeah" I respond, "It not a big deal if you do. And it's fine if you're confused."

She lets out a sigh, "You're right. I was just kinda freaking about because I've been thinking about it since last week when I was walking to class with one of my friends and her hand brushed against mine. I got major butterflies, which has never happened to me before-" she's cut off when a woman starts talking.