#26- Court

#26
Madelyn's POV

Our plan lands, but before stepping off, I take a deep breath. Not in the right mental state to be back here right now. Especially under these circumstances.

Hazel and I walk out of the plane and are greeted by Chris and my mom.

As soon as I see my mom, I run to her and throw my arms around her, squeezing tight.

"I have so much I need to tell you." I whisper to her, closing my eyes to better help me focus on the moment. And to help the tears from spilling out of my eyes. It's been a while since I've seen my mom and got to truly talk to her, and I've missed her like crazy. With all the stuff going on right now in my life, I really need my mom.

"I know" She whispers back, "Later"

I nod my head, "I love you"

"I love you too"

"Okay. Quit hogging her." I can hear Chris from beside me.

I release my mom and move on to my brother.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"I've been better"

"If you want me to beat that guy's ass I can do that for you." He says, trying to be intimidating.

"He'd crush you" I pull away from the hug.

"No way. I could take him."

"Sure..."

I decide against telling him what Lucy came to my house to tell me. It just sounded made up and I didn't want to get my hopes up for something that might not even be true. I mean I barely know her, how can I trust her. Especially with this kinda of information, it's something you need to hear directly from the source. And I couldn't bring myself to get close enough to him to find out.

"Mom, this is Hazel. Our sister." I tell my mom.

"I already knew she was your sister, you guys look so similar. Anyways, it's nice to meet you Hazel. I'm Eleanor."

Hazel takes a couple steps and my mom engulfs her in a hug.

***

"Are you ready to go?" Chris asks me, popping his head into my bedroom.

I take one more glance at myself in the mirror and nod my head.

It's now or never.

"Is Doctor Karie going to be there?" I ask him as we walk down the steps outside the front of the house.

"Yes" He responds.

I smile at his response, excited to see her. "Is she going to talk about all of my issues?" I ask.

"Probably"

I nod, "Whatever it takes to keep her in jail"

"I agree"

Chris and I meet Hazel and our mom in the car.

"How are you guys feeling?" my mom asks us.

"I'll be better once this is all over and she's stuck behind bars." Chris says, anger prevalent in his voice.

"Madelyn?" She asks me.

"The same"

"Me too" She adds.

The drive to the courthouse was silent, not even the music playing. I was too caught up in my thoughts to be bothered by it though.

I'm honestly just glad that I have a support system, and a family that loves me.