Chapter 22: Hear You Me

Despite everyone's lack of sleep, the entire group was at the state-of-the-art swimming facility to cheer on Avery. Aria felt horrible for what she put her friends through and forced Caleb to take her to the nearby donut shop, Sugar Daddy, for a dozen and a half donuts for everyone.

They all said it wasn't necessary, except Preston who said he deserved payment for pain and suffering. Avery's meet was effortless. He beat every competitor with a minute or more gap. "He really is a fish," Daisy admired. "Yeah, he is." Brooke replied.

This was his first meet and it brought up memories that Brooke had long buried. It was great seeing Avery doing what he loved once again. When he mentioned during Fish Fest that he wasn't sure if he was going to swim or not it genuinely saddened Brooke. She knew more than anyone in the group just how much being in the water meant to him. He was a merman. Brooke smiled at the thought. It was an old nickname she had given him. "Alright, it's almost over! Time for Game Pavilion!" Preston cheered, while Daisy did a happy dance.

Everyone was so exhausted, but they were going to celebrate Daisy because she earned it. Avery joined up with them after speaking with reps and showering. "Okay, so check it, we got to split up in teams because I want to get my tokens." Preston instructed earning laughs from the group. "We're going to play Hit the Squirrel," Aria announced grabbing Caleb's hand and running off.

"Yeah, we're going to play the water gun game," Olivia piped up, grabbing Tyler's hand. "I'm going to shoot hoops," Jaden said. "Yeah us too," JT replied walking towards him with Stefan and Avery in tow. "Well, we're off to play skee ball," Brooke said walking off with Daisy and Sophia Kate. "We're going to play that race car game," Gracia smiled grabbing Faye and heading towards the game.

Preston pouted then realized who was left. "Guess that just leaves you and me, baby girl." Elsa rolled her eyes. "I'm not playing anything with you. "You still mad that I couldn't make you come as much as I wanted last night," Preston whispered causing Elsa to gasp. Due to the theatrics with Aria, Stefan and Caleb they decided to postpone the cherry popping until Sunday and Preston had a surprise in store for Elsa. She liked to pride herself that she wasn't a typical girlie girl, but Preston knew that was bullshit. Every girl wanted their first time to be special and he was going to make sure it was for her.

"I'm not playing with you." Elsa repeated. "What if I play with that wet pussy of yours?" This earned him another gasp. Elsa had never met someone that talked as dirty as Preston and it drove her wild. "Who says I'm wet?" Elsa could play coy. "You do this thing when I get you all hot and bothered. You part your lips slightly and breathe deeper breaths probably in a failed attempt to cool down. There's no cooling down from me, baby. I'm going to light you like a fucking match tomorrow night." Elsa's legs were getting weak. She needed to get away from him. "I'm going to play the strength game." She called over as she marched to the machine. She could still hear him laughing as she lifted the tool to hit the machine as hard as possible.

Daisy was thoroughly celebrated and treated to lunch at the campus café. They all went their separate ways and Aria was pleased that things weren't as awkward as she thought they'd be. Stefan and her had settled into the same groove minus the flirtation. They both realized they had a strong foundation for the friendship thanks to the many talks shared. She knew he was still a bit hurt, but he reiterated that their friendship was more than a blessing to him.

When Stefan asked Caleb if they could speak, she was sure something would happen, but he really just wanted to talk. They both apologized to the other and made a promise to work on their own friendship. Aria knew that was another testament to how great of a person Stefan was and she hoped that he would find a girl soon that would be able to treat him as he deserved.