Chapter 33: That's What I Like

Jaden was first in line and waited excitedly for Brooke to make her way down to him. Gracia was acting like this was a Cotillion and had them line up as she began reading off names. "Introducing Ms. Brooke Brunson, escorted by Mr. Jaden Zazo-Kepner." Gracia smiled as Brooke turned the corner and came into view. Her black gown had a sweetheart neckline and was made of satin and tulle. Jaden was speechless. She was breathtaking. Her hair hung down in beach curls, while her smoky makeup made her light brown eyes pop.

She wore the golden lance and dirk necklace he had given her on her last night in New York with him

She wore the golden lance and dirk necklace he had given her on her last night in New York with him. He told her that he'd protect her no matter what and the swords were a symbol of that. She had never taken it off since then and he was proud to see she wore it even now.

"You're perfect," Jaden whispered after a shared kiss. "You look so good I can't take it." Brooke purred. "Let's just skip this thing and go home." Jaden laughed as he kissed her. "Alright you horn dogs, we got other girls to see. Move it." Gracia shooed.

Avery was in shock. Brooke was the most beautiful thing he'd ever laid his eyes on. Her dress fitted her body like it was made solely for her and it had served its purpose well. Her smile was lighting up the room and he couldn't help but smile. However, her gaze so filled with love and adoration was directed to someone else and it sobered him quickly.

They both made their way towards him and he plastered on an all too familiar fake smile. "You look beautiful, Brooke." He was being honest and it shone in his eyes. "Thanks Avery. You don't look so bad yourself." She smiled widely at him before turning to Jaden and then back to the stairwell.

Next in line was Tyler and he smiled widely in anticipation. "Introducing Ms. Olivia Ito, escorted by Mr. Tyler Paxton." The guys all gasped as Olivia came into view. Her hair was pulled up into an intricate updo, while her light makeup did not take away but rather enhanced her natural beauty. The soft pink ballgown fit her perfectly and made her look and feel like a princess. "I have no words," Tyler said in shock. "Good. Then I've done my job." She smiled giving him a quick peck before joining Avery, Brooke and Jaden.

" She smiled giving him a quick peck before joining Avery, Brooke and Jaden

"Introducing Elsa Liakos, escorted by Preston Smith." Preston knew words. He knew how to speak and string along a series of words to express a competent sentence, but in that moment he couldn't think. He could barely breathe. Elsa descended the steps to him in the most royal of ballgowns and he was at a loss. "Told you." Gracia whispered with a snicker.