Chapter 16: &Burn

The day was over and Caleb was exhausted from practice. His hair was still a little wet from his shower in the locker room, but he didn't want to risk smelling like sweat when he was studying with Aria. Her scent still intoxicated him even now walking back from practice. He just wanted to feel those soft lips again.

As he made his way passed the Dance Auditorium, he noticed Sophia Kate walking out, but Aria wasn't with her. He had an inkling that she was still in there and entered the auditorium. He could hear music coming from the stage as he walked past a column and that's when he saw her. Twirling and spinning in all her splendor as captivating lyrics played from the laptop on the right of the stage.

He walked closer, entranced by her fluid movement, and stared in awe. If she had seen him, she didn't let it be known. Aria was in her own world. Her element of grace and beauty as she leapt and bent her body in flexible motions that had him both groaning and awing at the same time.

The song came to an end and only then did Aria take note of him. She stared at him with an expression that was gone before he could gage it. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she closed the laptop and placed it into a nearby bag. "I wanted to see if you were still here and if so, walk you to dinner," Caleb responded with a shy smile on his face.

Aria eyed him wearily as she changed out of her ballet flats and grabbed her Vans sneakers. When she was ready, she made her way down to him. Caleb took note of the dance shorts she wore that were fitted and barely visible under the oversized tank top. They headed out of the auditorium and walked in an awkward silence.

"You danced beautifully," Caleb broke the silence all the while admonishing himself for the lame retort. "Thank you," Aria offered playing with the strap of her bag. "Was that for a new performance?" Aria wanted to be frustrated. She wanted to ask what the hell he was doing talking to her after ignoring her for so long, but she didn't. She would play nice.

Aria filled him in on Madame Boudreaux's assignments for them and just how nervous she was about the solo. "I know you're going to do great, Ace." The nickname he had given her flowed so effortlessly from his lips that he couldn't stop it. He saw the look of sadness on her face and instinctive reached to cup her face.

He thought she'd smack him or pull back, but she leaned into his caress and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her right then and there. Before he had a chance to someone had bumped into him. Before he could snap at the person, he noticed it was one of his teammates messing with him. They dapped one another up before going their separate ways.

Aria smiled at the encounter. It was apparent Caleb was making friends outside of the group and she was happy for him. She wanted him to have as many friends as possible in order to find someone he could open up to. I wish he would open up to me. She thought as he said his goodbyes to the football player. She received a quick text from Stefan asking where she was and sighed. She sent a quick reply before looking back at Caleb.

"Sorry about that. The guys on the team are idiots." He offered continuing their walk back to Ellenton. "I think it's cute. You have a whole new group of guys to bond with. Besides, they're my audience members. We're going to be performing at the pep rally for you guys the afternoon of the big game."

Caleb smiled. "That will be awesome. Maybe you can wear my number." Aria smiled slightly. "And as for the football guys, I mean yeah, we look out for one another on the field, but I think we're all just comfortable being acquaintances. The group is more than enough for me." I wish I were enough. Aria thought as they made their way into the dorm hall.

Caleb could tell that something he said saddened her. Before he could replay everything in his mind, Gracia was bum rushing him outside of the dining hall. "We need to talk!" She exclaimed grabbing his arm towards the end of a nearby stairwell.

"G, what's up?" Caleb chuckled at her crazed eyes. "You need to decide whether you are going to pursue Aria or not and fast." Caleb's faced turned serious. "Gracia, you know I can't pursue anything with her. I'm not going to be here long and she deserves better than me." Gracia folded her arms ready to drop a bomb on her friend. "Then I guess it doesn't matter that while she and Stefan were at ACL she gave him head."

The look on Caleb's face was exactly what Gracia expected. A mirage of emotions from sadness to doubt, but most of all anger. "You don't get to be angry at anyone but yourself, Cal. She could've been your girl since Fish Fest. Be mad at yourself and no one else." Gracia said heading back into the dining hall where all of their friends were.

Caleb ran his hand through his hair and deepened his breaths. The thought of Aria with Stefan in such an intimate position made him gag, but Gracia was right this was all his fault. He made his way into the line to grab a chicken sandwich before sitting at the edge of the table next to Daisy, Olivia and Tyler. Preston was telling a joke that had everyone laughing, but Caleb couldn't focus.

Aria knew something was wrong with Caleb the moment he stepped into the cafeteria. He seemed out of it and hurt. She made it a point to remember to ask him about it when they were done. She felt Stefan rub circles on her thigh and smiled at him. She couldn't help but feel a little guilty about everything. Here was a good man that cared for her. Stefan respected her and their dynamic enough to give her the space and time to process and deal. However, she couldn't let go of the man that was a bundle of riddles wrapped in confusion.

Sophia Kate had filled everyone in on their dance assignment for the quarterly show and everyone was excited for and proud of Aria. She was thankful for their well wishes, but Aria couldn't shake the feeling of dread that seemed to snake up her spine every time it came to performing. She loved the act of dancing, but the moments before performing were debilitating most times.

Dinner was going great. Everyone was having a good time, except Elsa. Preston, who sat beside her, made it a point to feel up her thigh every chance he got. Elsa was fine with their agreement. She would lose her virginity to him Friday night after the game. But this newfound pact made Preston feel that he had rights to do whatever he wanted to her body and that was not what Elsa signed up for.

The steamy make out session that ended in the best orgasm Elsa had ever experienced left her wanting more of him. She craved him and that was not Elsa. She was supposed to be focused on school not Preston, but from time to time she would find herself daydreaming of the things his hands did to her.

The more engrossed in the conversation everyone seemed the higher his hand went until finally he grazed her sensitive bud with his knuckles causing Elsa to gasp. "E, you okay?" JT called out from the other side of the table. Preston smirked to himself proudly as he continued to stroke her. "Yeah, just forgot about an assignment that's due in a few days." She stammered with a nervous smile.

That earned chuckles around the table as everyone knew how studious Elsa was. She looked back at Preston, glared and mouthed the word 'stop,' but to no avail. The way he stroked her had Elsa opening her legs wider. She didn't know what he was doing to her but she didn't want him to stop.

Preston loved how responsive Elsa was to his touch. No other girl had made him feel so powerful, so wanted. He wanted so badly to make her come right then and there, but he knew how loud she could get and that would be awkward.

He leaned in to her ear, so that only they could hear. "I'm going to make you come so many times you'll be begging me to stop." With that remark he subtly kissed her temple, removed his hand and joined in on the conversation like nothing ever happened. Elsa was on fire and she knew nothing but Preston's touch could quench it.

Everyone was getting ready to head back to their dorms as they were done with dinner. "I can walk you back to Abington," Stefan offered with a smile. "Actually, I'm staying here to study with Caleb." At the mention of his name Caleb looked back at Stefan and Aria. He could see the growing scowl on Stefan's face as he looked at him and smirked. "We still on for breakfast tomorrow?" Stefan asked loud enough to be heard by Caleb.

Aria nodded her head in agreement, right before Stefan proceeded to give her a kiss goodbye ensuring that Caleb saw it. This just caused Caleb to roll his eyes. "You ready, Ace?" Caleb called out using the nickname on purpose. He knew what Stefan was up to and it was comical.