Chapter 57: Summertime in Paris

Weeks had gone by and they were already in November. Caleb had realized that ever since he and Aria had gotten back together, they hadn't slept together or even had a sleepover in his room. She never initiated kisses and when he kissed her, she would give in for a few moments before pulling back. They were planning on having a Friendsgiving at Jaden's that weekend and he wanted to have an honest conversation with her about her feelings. He didn't want her to be miserable. He wanted her to live a happy and whole life and if that didn't include him then so be it.

Aria needed time and she took it. She talked to her Mom about everything and got the advice that she didn't know she needed.

"Aria, I'm sorry that I didn't protect you from your father." Her mother had said over the phone. "Every little girl looks up to their father like he's Superman and you were no different, but I should've let you in on the truth. Your father had his demons and who he was at his core eventually shone through." She took a moment to collect herself.

"Caleb is not your father, sweetie. He's not going to leave you. What he did was stupid, yes, but he was trying to protect you. He was shielding your heart from further disappointment. You have to know that boy loves you and would do anything to see you smile. Just like you love him and would do anything to see him smile. Don't let fear of abandonment and the lie that you're not good enough rob you from having a great love story. You deserve this and so much more, darling."

As Aria knocked on Caleb's door she smiled at her mother's words. She had time to decide what she really wanted. And all she wanted was Caleb Calloway. He opened the door and she could see the shock on his face. "Hey, babe. I wasn't exp..." Caleb was cut off as Aria attacked his lips.

She kissed him with a fiery passion he hadn't felt since before the entire fiasco. He immediately picked her up into his arms and backed her against the wall. "Baby, I've missed you." He said kissing down her jawline. "I've missed you too." She panted as she removed her top. Caleb was surprised at her behavior but loved it nonetheless. In moments they were naked and standing before one another.

"I once told you that you were good at hurting me," Aria said leading Caleb to the bed to sit down. She straddled him and could feel his hard member against her. She couldn't fight back the moan that escaped her. She missed him so much. As she rose up and slowly began to slid onto him, she couldn't help the whimpers that tumbled out of her.

Caleb could feel how tight she was and he didn't want to hurt her. He swooped her up and in seconds she was on her back and he was on top of her slowly sliding in. He could see the flash of pain on her face and moved his hand down to rub her clit. She moaned out his name and he felt like he was in heaven.

She looked into his eyes as he slid deeper. "I told you that you were stuck with me and I meant it." She moaned as he filled her. "I want to be with you. I'm choosing you over my fear and past hurt. I want to give us a real chance." Aria confessed breathlessly as Caleb moved his hips. She moaned under him. "I want you more than anything, Ace." She clawed his back as he drove deeper into her. "Yes, Caleb. Just like that." She cried as he raised her leg to go in deeper if that was possible.

"I love you." Aria panted looking him in the eye as her hips bucked into him. "I love you more." She smiled at him knowingly. "Not possible." Caleb moved her hair out of her face and kissed her lips. "Yes possible," he said before pounding into her. She cried out as they stayed connected for what seemed like hours. They explored one another and made up for lost time. Aria promised herself that day that come what may she would love Caleb for the rest of her life.

Friendsgiving was a complete and total success. Brooke with Faye and Elsa's help had decorated Jaden's townhome. Aria and Daisy were the cooks of the group and handled everything like champs. Caleb and Stefan watched their girlfriend in aprons whip around the kitchen with smiles on their faces.

"I'm happy you two are back on track." Stefan offered with a smile on his face. "We're better than back on track. It's like we've reached a whole new level. I know where I messed up and I'm never going to do that again. Aria has her own fears and doubts that I have to breakdown just like she is doing for me. We're better than we were this go around and I'm thankful." Stefan nodded as they clinked their glasses.

"Tyler Royce!" Olivia giggled as Tyler sucked on her neck. "You need to behave yourself." He smiled down at his girlfriend. "How can I do that when you look the way you do?" Tyler ravished Olivia with his eyes causing her to blush. "You're insane. After the night we had you're still wanting more." Tyler nodded pulling her in closer. "I will never get tired of you Olivia. Never."

She smiled up at him and gave him a kiss. "I love you." She let it slip but by the expression on his face it was a welcomed slip up. "I love you too, babe." It was a major step in their relationship and Olivia was aware of that. She did love him, but she wasn't ready to hit a home run just yet. She knew he wouldn't pressure her to do so despite her admission and that just made her love him more.

Avery, JT and Faye congregated in the living room drinking and talking. "I can't believe we're all leaving this weekend." Faye pouted causing JT to laugh. "It's just for a week, babe." JT offered with a peck on the lips causing Faye's eyes to bug out. "I know what you mean though, Faye. We're such a close family unit that I can't really remember my actual family dynamic." He chuckled as they nodded. "I've talked to my parents every so often and my sister even more so, but I don't know what to expect when I get home." They nodded as Brooke made her way over. "Hey Avery, can we talk?" He looked at her wearily before following her over to the back porch.

"What's up, Brooke?" She took a seat and motioned for him to join her. "I've been meaning to ask ever since Parents Weekend, but why didn't your parents come? I know your Dad had some issues that we talked about, but I just figured everything would be okay by now or at least your Mom would show." Avery's eyes were sad and his smile never reached them.

"I left Colorado in a rush because my father has a series of medical issues all tied to his weight and diabetes. I was ashamed and embarrassed to tell you that I was rushing off to handle another emergency related to his failing health." Brooke's eyes softened as she looked at him. "Av, you could've told me anything. I wouldn't have judged you."

He stood up and faced the backyard and shrugged. "I didn't know what to do. I never called because of my shame and then my Mom was in an accident and became paralyzed and everything just seemed to spiral out of control." Brooke was holding him in seconds. "Avery, I'm so sorry. I should've called. I should've checked on you." She rubbed his back as he held her back.

"I just assumed you were using me and was hurt that all you cared about was Brooke the Brunson heir and not me as a person." Avery pulled back and stared into her eyes. "I always cared about Brooke the person and I always will." They stood there in each other's arms for a moment too long. Brooke finally cleared her throat and took a step away.

"My parents bought a small wheelchair accessible apartment near my Aunt and Uncle so I'll get to see them while I'm there. I'll be staying with my Aunt and Uncle since that's where Mellie is and my infant cousins. I'll be okay, Brooke." She smiled at him and nodded.

So much could have been different if they had just talked to each other. He knew what she was thinking and she knew he was thinking the same thing. As they stared at one another they couldn't help but think of what might have been.

"Dinner is ready,"Sophia Kate called out to them from inside the house. Brooke smiled widely and made her way into the house. She found Jaden and gave him the biggest kiss she could muster. "What was that for?" He smiled at her. "Just because." Brooke pecked his lips and looked back to find a pair of jade eyes watching her.