Chapter 51: Broken

Aria found herself at Cather in the Rye. She looked at the bright neon sign and sighed. She didn't know why she was there. Yes you do. She shook her head and stepped in. She was hoping that Ms. Dubois was working so she could offer any sage advice, but judging by the redhead and blonde behind the bar she knew she wouldn't get any advice tonight.

She was about to turn to leave when she heard her name. Aria turned around to see Tommy Day waving her over. She sighed and headed to the bar where he sat. "What are you doing here?" Tommy asked with a smile that seemed genuine. "I honestly don't know."

He eyed her wearily and then ordered two shots. He pushed the glasses towards her and she looked at him like he was crazy. "I know that face and judging by the tear stains its boy related. Nothing takes away the pain quite like tequila, so drink up and tell me all about it." Aria looked at the glasses and then back at him.

She didn't know what it was, but something in her said to just give in. Chuck it in the fuck it bucket! Aria laughed softly as she thought of Quincy. In minutes she was downing the liquid from both glasses and smiling. "You want a drink?" Aria looked at him and nodded already feeling the ease in pain.

In no time, Tommy had convinced Aria to sing a song since it was open mic night. He even offered to join her and in her tipsy state she was not going to pass up on a chance at seeing him make a fool of himself. They ended up on stage with a guitar in Tommy's hand and he started singing the opening line of 'Shallow' by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

Tommy could tell by Aria's facial expression that she didn't know he could sing. He shot her a million-dollar grin that had her rolling her eyes and smiling. They had the crowd swaying as their voices meshed so well together. By the end of the performance, the crowd were on their feet giving them a round of applause.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?" Aria hit his arm as they made their way off stage. "You never asked." Tommy laughed as they took a seat at a nearby table. They had no way of knowing that DJ AudiTory's camera had a clear view of not only the stage but of the few tables in front.

They had a clear view of Aria and Tommy talking and laughing. Everyone watching could see the light touches Tommy placed on Aria's arm. Caleb and the rest could see Aria take two shots along with Tommy and laugh at something he said.

"Well she looks to be having a grand ole time." Preston stifled a laugh as Elsa eyed him with daggers. They were all in the living room watching as Tommy leaned in to whisper something in Aria's ear. She laughed and shoved him before shaking her head. They could read his mouth saying "come on" and Caleb wanted to punch something.

Aria seemed to make a face at Tommy before heading towards the stage to whisper something to DJ AudiTory. He smiled widely and nodded. "Ladies, can I ask you something?" Aria asked in the mic while swaying a little.

The venue was packed at this point and the women yelled a 'yeah'. "Have you ever been in love?" Another round of 'yeah' were heard. "Correction, have you ever been in love with someone who didn't deserve it?" At this point a resounding 'Hell Yeah' was heard. Aria smiled sadly. "This one is for us."

The instrumental of 'We Found Love' by Rihanna began playing and the crowd went wild. Aria could see everyone dancing on the dance floor in the back, as well as, in their seats. She lost herself in the lyrics and beat.

She sang with every emotion she felt. The emotions that tequila took away for a while, but were crashing down around her presently. She stared at Tommy and smiled. He was turning out to be a good acquaintance and she appreciated the distraction he provided. The song came to an end and the round of applause was deafening.