Chapter 20: Lovely

The week seemed to fly by for everyone. They all had their first set of quizzes and tests and were feeling a need to let loose that weekend. It was Friday and everyone on campus were in their school colors. Aria and Sophia Kate had gone shopping with Faye the night before for their pep rally costumes.

Aria found herself standing in the room outside the gymnasium where the pep rally would be held. Madame Boudreaux informed them that freshman and sophomores always did the first and last pep rallies of the season. Aria was mortified, but she learned the very sexy routine choreographed by Alexis and did as she was told.

She looked at the other girls who also had on matching cutoff jean shorts, blacked out converses and crop top football jerseys. The tops barely covered their black sports bras, but she couldn't deny how sexy they looked. Aria felt like a different woman and reveled in it.

When Alexis handed out the jerseys for each girl Aria was beyond horrified. There looking back at her was the number 5 jersey. She tried to exchange it, but Alexis said that was her jersey for the remainder of the season. As the crowd grew louder, Aria's nerves started getting to her.

"It's going to be fine. This routine is easy and sexy and will be tons of fun." Aria blew out a breath and eyed her best friend. She was right. The routine was sexy and flirty and fun, but she couldn't shake the nerves. She wasn't all that great with hip-hop routines in comparison to Sophia Kate.

"Are you afraid he won't like it, because trust me Caleb is going to be putty in your hands after this routine." Aria couldn't help the small smile on her face. "Let's just get this over with." Aria shook out her hands as the Dean announced them. As they made their way to the center of the court, Sophia Kate and Aria could hear the girls yelling their names and smiled.

Caleb watched her walk out and was shocked. She looked amazing in shorts he felt were too damn short as he noticed his teammates also notice her. Her hair was in pigtails that just screamed to be pulled, but what got him out of everything was the fact that she was wearing his number. He could also see the #5 painted on her upper right cheek.

"That your girl, Calloway?" One of his teammates asked. Caleb wanted to answer truthfully, but the thought of any of his teammates trying to make a move on her angered him to no end. "Yeah." He replied coolly earning him a few head nods.

The beat dropped and it was like Aria had transformed into a different person. The routine was sexy and their group did not expect the movements occurring to come from Aria. Caleb felt as though he was holding his breath with each movement. He couldn't believe this was Aria in front of him winding, popping and twerking the way she was.

Gracia was enamored by Sophia Kate. It was a subtle hip hop routine and it was obvious she was in her element. She's magnificent. Gracia thought as she watched each hip roll and twerk to the beat. Stefan wanted to poke every guys' eyes out as he watched Aria. He knew she was beautiful and sexy, but he didn't need any other guy noticing that. She had been avoiding him, but he still cared about her and he hoped she still cared about him. He planned on talking to her that night to try and right his wrongs and set things straight.

Once the music stopped everyone in the bleachers were standing and screaming while applauding. They took a bow and headed off court laughing. "That was amazing!" Jennifer said to her fellow dancers. "Aria you were sexy as fuck, baby girl!" Tracy complimented. She blushed giving her a thanks. "See y'all at the game or in class Monday – whichever comes first." Sophia Kate smiled.

*****

There were stands all over campus of pre-made signs or supplies to make signs really quick. The girls had already made signs for Caleb the night before and were equipped and ready. The pep rally left an hour before the game, so everyone headed to their room to get their stuff or drop things off before meeting at the stadium.