what happened pt. 2 || sebastian stan

fluff
your p.o.v.

you got home late once again. all you wanted to do was lay down and fall asleep in sebastian's arms, but you figured that with all of the mixed emotions you were giving him, he wanted nothing to do with you.

but little did you know, it was the complete opposite.

if only you knew that sebastian just wanted to know what was wrong. he just wanted to make sure you were okay, because he loves you. he always will. he hates seeing you like this, and it's taking a toll on him, too.

"y/n?" sebastian's raspy voice said, scaring you a bit. he rubbed his eyes. "sebastian? what are you doing?" it was 1:30am, a really long shift for you.

sebastian looked like he had fallen asleep on the couch. "i was waiting for you to get home." his tired voice said, and you nodded, beginning to walk to the bedroom.

"wait-" sebastian walked up to you and you stopped in your tracks. fuck. you didn't want to talk about it. you hated talking about your problems.

"y/n..?" sebastian's sad voice said, making you look at him, seeing his teary eyes. "i'm sorry.." you sobbed, and he pulled you into a tight hug. "what's wrong, my love?" he said as he gently ran his hand up and down your back.

"i'm sorry.." you repeated, and sebastian just shook his head. "there's nothing to be sorry about, darling. but what's the matter?" sebastian was always so genuine and caring, god you loved him to death.

"i.." you tried to say but choked, and he only held you tighter. he shushed you, "take your time, princess. i'm not mad at you." he reassured you. he held you tightly until you finally built up the courage to begin talking again.

"i don't feel like myself anymore, seb." you cried. "i don't feel happy anymore.. and i.. i didn't want you to see me like this.." you whispered. "so you pushed me away?" he asked.

you wiped a tear and sniffled as you nodded. "aw, baby, come here." you cried into his chest. he protected you. you felt safe.

"i told you, if you ever feel like that, you come to me. that's what i'm here for." he told you, and you didn't reply.

but deep down, you believed him. you genuinely felt like you could tell him anything, and you don't know why you didn't speak up sooner.

"i'm so sorry, sebastian." you stared down. "look at me." he gently brought his hand up to your head, forcing you to look at him. "i understand, okay? stop saying you're sorry, i get it, love. it happens."

"but i should've never pushed you away.." you protested, and he shook his head. "it's okay. but.. there's a way you can make up for it.." sebastian cheekily grinned.

you cracked a smile. "what's that?" you asked. "you and me. baking." he replied, and you laughed. "okay, yeah."

so at 2 in the morning, you and sebastian made (your favourite dessert) from scratch.

would it have been less messier if you baked alone? yes. would it have been as fun? no.

why have you never tried baking with sebastian? baking with him was a true stress reliever. his energy was unmatched, especially since he was so tired just a second ago.

"sebby, it's done. can you take it out of the oven for me?" you asked as you wiped down the counter that was filled with flour.

"um.." he said. you looked at him to see him with worry painted over his face. "what's wrong?" you asked.

"well, i'm kinda scared of taking things.. out of the oven.." he replied, and you fought back a smile. "you can laugh, y/n. but when you get burned, don't expect me to comfort you." he said with fake anger and you laughed.

a real, genuine laugh. for the first time in weeks

"i got it." you said, jokingly shaking your head at your boyfriend. you took the dessert out of the oven and waited for it to cool down.

as you were cutting some slices for you and sebastian, you felt a pair of arms being wrapped around your waist.

he placed a kiss on you cheek as you smiled. "let's do this again, yeah?" he asked. "of course." you replied, handing him a plate.

you guys made up the time that you lost whilst you tried pushing him away. you remembered how amazing it was being around sebastian. the way he could easily make you smile even when you're not feeling so good.

"i love you sebastian." you said out of nowhere. he smiled, (you know the smile he does when someone compliments him? yeah, that smile 🥺) "i love you too, y/n y/l/n."