whenever you're ready || bucky barnes

kinda fluffy 😌 im losing sm inspiration i feel like my stories are repetitive i also hurt my ankle so bad a second ago lmfao

your p.o.v.

bucky barnes is your boyfriend of 9 months. you knew he had a history of heart breaks from different women. some cheated, simply just left him.

it left him with slight, by slight you mean major trust issues. he never got too close until further into your relationship. you never cuddled until 3 months in.

you were patient, though. you would never force him into something he wasn't comfortable with. that wasn't who you were. you were going to wait until he trusted you, and you didn't care how long that may take.

it was a lovely sight seeing him get closer and closer to you. from sitting with a small gap between you two on the couch, to cuddling in his arms.

from being insecure about his metal arm, to letting you draw on it.

he slowly trusted you more and more each day. you never got angry at him, especially since you knew about his past.

none of the girls deserved his precious little heart. he treated you like a queen, you had no doubt that he treated everyone else he dated like that, too.

so how would they ever have the heart to cheat on such an amazing gentleman?

that question popped up in your head every so often. you felt horrible for everything bucky has gone through, but you were glad to know he was letting you in.

something that hasn't even crossed his mind was the words, "i love you." the last time he said those words aloud, his girlfriend left him.

but you, on the other hand, say the three words to him quite often. not to try and get him to say it back, but because you really meant it.

the first time you said it was 5 months in, as you guys were cuddled up together, watching the sunset outside.

"i love you, bucky." you said, drawing shapes on his beautifully crafted chest. you looked up to see him smiling.

you knew he didn't say it back, but at least you got it off your chest.

and now, almost every night, you say it to him. maybe one of these nights, you'll get a response back. but for now, you get his cheeky grin.

today you were on his bed, both exhausted from a long mission. "goodnight, bucky. i love you." you said, closing your eyes as he played with your soft hair.

"y/n?" he called out. you just hummed, your tiredness already consuming you. "i'm sorry i never say it back. it's just.." he tried to say.

"shh.." you hushed him, your eyes still closed. "it's okay. whenever you're ready." you only cuddled up closer to him.

the room went quiet. you assumed bucky had fallen asleep, too. "i love you." he said aloud, which made your eyes jolt open. "what?" you said, dumbfounded.

"i love you." he repeated, more sure of himself this time.

"bucky.." you began, looking up at him. "you don't have to say it. don't say it if you don't mean it. i'm okay with waiting, i promise." you said to him. your first thought was: he's probably saying that because he feels guilty.

"no- no, y/n. i mean it. i love you, y/n y/l/n. you don't have to wait anymore." he smiled, pushing some of the hair out of your face.

"i love you more." you finally responded, returning the smile. you couldn't help the wide grin on your face after hearing those words. you honestly couldn't believe it at first.

you went to bed with a huge smile on your face as bucky continued to play with your hair.

ALTERNATIVE ENDING (angst) bc this story is too short :,( i also missed writing angst

you were in a deep sleep. you were planning on waking up extra late tomorrow, but you were suddenly taken out of your sleep. you quietly groaned, checking the time.

3am? you felt around for bucky, but he was nowhere to be found. the bathroom light was on, you assumed he was just using the bathroom, so you pushed that thought out of your head.

but, you heard the shower turn on. why was he taking a shower at this time? you were a bit confused and concerned. your sleep was ruined by now, so you decided to stay up to see what he was up to.

you heard the bathroom door open and your eyes shut instantly. you wanted him to think you were asleep. he suddenly got a phone call.

"hey. yeah. no- i just got out of the shower, babe." he whispered quietly. babe?

"she's asleep," he said through the phone once again. was he talking about me? he had to have been.

"i'll see you soon, babygirl. i love you." he said before hanging up the phone.

the three words. the three words you were just dying to hear from bucky. the three words that he easily said to someone else over the phone.

was this even the same person?

you couldn't help the tears that fell from your face, thank god bucky didn't notice.

you heard him get dress, then he left. that was the last time you'd ever see him. the last time you'd ever hear his angelic voice.

a/n: anyways i was just thinking about a tom x tessa (his dog) story. like how fucking pointless and stupid and funny would that be. i wonder if someones done that lmfao.

girl dont do it.

i was just thinking about it-
(i hope yall understood that otherwise i sounf like a dumbass) gn its 3am