lies || bucky barnes

a/n: okay so this is my 100th post on the book, and i was thinking of doing something cute and fluffy, but i dont have many ideas so im doing what i do best: angst.

your p.o.v.

bucky's been acting different lately. he was barely around anymore. you don't remember the last time he hugged, or kissed you.

you asked steve if he knew what was wrong, but he was just as clueless as you. same with sam, even tony. you wondered if maybe bucky was just in a bad mood for the past week. maybe something happened, and you respected that.

you never forced him to talk about something he didn't feel comfortable sharing. you let him speak up whenever he was ready.

today, bucky didn't even acknowledge your existence, just stared at you and went to go take a shower.

you weren't going to tolerate that. so you went to your bedroom after a while, only to find that bucky was already asleep. you sighed as you laid down next to him, the bed feeling much colder with bucky cuddling you.

you couldn't sleep at all. you were startled when you heard bucky's phone ring. he got up in an instant, almost as if he was never asleep. "yeah. no, she's asleep. i'm on my way." he said on the phone.

you felt him get off the bed. you heard some shuffling around, as if he was getting dressed. then he left.

he left you all alone on the big king sized bed.

the next morning

you were going to confront bucky. but everytime you tried, he just left the room. you finally caught him when he was on the couch, watching t.v.

"where were you last night?" you finally asked. bucky shifted, his body language changing completely.

"what? what are you talking about-" he tried to say, he was always a bad liar.

"you're nervous." you pointed out, seeing bucky's face drop. "i was out with steve, i told you, didn't i?" he retorted.

"you're lying. i know you are, stop the bullshit!" i said a bit louder, causing bucky to look shocked. normally, i always had a calm, understanding tone. but not this time.

"i was with steve." he said again. "i don't believe you.." i said, my voice breaking. "where else would i be?" bucky asked.

"i don't know bucky!" you cried out. "for the last week you've been in and out. i never even talk to you, for all i know you're with another girl!" i yelled angrily. my face changed when i saw him tense up at the mention of someone else.

"you're cheating.." i said quietly. you knew it was bound to happen, but you never expected bucky to do so.

he knew about your last relationship. he knew that she hurt you. and he promsied to never do the same thing she did to you.

bucky had nothing else to say. he anticipated for you to carry on, for you to continue fighting for them.

but you never did. instead you got up and went back to your bedroom. you looked at the framed picture of you and bucky. seeing that only infuriated you even more.

you grabbed it and smashed it on the floor, sobbing once you did. you cried the entire time you packed all of your belongings.

bucky's p.o.v.

i heard a glass smash from upstairs.

y/n.

i immediately rushed upstairs to check on her. "y/n?! y/n?!" i called out, seeing the smashed picture frame on the floor.

she had her back turned as she shoved her clothes into her suitcase.

"y/n.." i said sadly, seeing her pack. "no, no you don't get to act like you fucking care right now." she said sternly, facing me.

"you said you'd never hurt me like angelica did. you're a fucking liar!" she said, slapping me across the face.

"rot in hell." she replied as i rubbed my face with my metal hand.

a/n: this ones short sorry 🥺