• I'd Never Hurt You || Bucky Barnes •

bucky has never been so stressed. his mission to get some files from hydra did not go so well. at least that's what you heard.

normally, when missions go wrong, bucky never gets too upset. cuddling with you, or even just the sight of you can make him feel 10x better. but, today, something must've gone terribly wrong because he wouldn't even talk to you.

"buck..? what's wrong? you can talk to me." you said, trying to grab his hand but he pulled away. "look, y/n, i just want to be alone right now." he said in the nicest way possible, but it was still quite harsh. "no, you need someone right now. i told you i'd always be here-" "i said get out!" he yelled. you've never heard bucky yell, no matter how mad he got.

"fine. if that's what you want." you said, walking out and slamming the door for the dramatic effect.

"f*cking hell!" bucky yelled once the door was closed."

bucky's p.o.v. ~
god, what did i do?! y/n was all i needed right now and yet, i drove her away, too.

"f*ck!" i yelled. i don't think i've ever been so angry. i couldn't control my anger, and with my metal arm, i punched a hole in the wall. 

i punched the wall at least 4 times. i didn't even hear the door open. on the fifth punch, i turned around, hearing the soft voice of y/n.

"bucky..?" she said quietly. "y/n.." i said, walking up to her. she only backed away, though. i was slightly confused, then i realized: she's afraid of me. "wait-" i reached my arm out to grab her but she flinched away.

"i'm sorry, buck." she said, running off to her room.

i went back to mine, sitting on the bed. instead of being angry, i was upset. and now i really needed y/n more than anything. but she was scared of me.

i cried, knowing that i scared off the love of my life.

y/n's p.o.v. ~
i heard loud bang noises coming from bucky's room so i went to check it out. i saw him viciously punching the wall with his metal arm. "bucky..?" i called out quietly. he turned around. "y/n.." he said, but i only backed away.

he tried to grab me put i pulled away, thinking he might hurt me. "i'm sorry, buck." i said before running off to my room.

bucky would never hurt me, i thought. he's not the winter solider. but what if one day he got so mad that he ends up hurting me?

i tried to push those thoughts out of my head. he's a good guy. it only happened once. bucky wouldn't hurt a fly. he loves me too much to hurt me. nonetheless, i had to talk to him. apologize.

i walked to his room quietly, my footsteps going unheard. the door was still open and i heard muffling. i peaked through the doorway to see him; crying.

he never cries. never.

i walked to his bed, sitting next to him. he looked shocked to see me. "y/n!" he said. i just tightly pulled him into my embrace. "y- you're not scared? of me?" he questioned. i shook my head.

"you wouldn't hurt me, would you?" you questioned, looking into the brown eyes that you'd fallen in love with. "never." he said, letting another tear escape. "well..," you said, wiping his tears. "there's nothing to be afraid of, my love. and i'm sorry, for being scared instead of being there for you." you apologized, burying your face in the crook of his neck. "no, no, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have even told you to leave. and it's okay, y/n. i would be scared too. i'm the f*cking winter soldier." he sighed, shamefully.

"look at me." you said. he brought his sad gaze up to you. "you are not the winter solider. and it's not your fault they made you do those horrible things." he nodded, looking down again. "do i have to repeat myself?" you questioned, earning a chuckle from him. "no." he replied. "good." you said, kissing his cheek.

you both decided to cuddle instead. you traced your finger up and down bucky's metal arm. you were the only person in the world allowed to do so. he doesn't even let steve touch his arm. "you know.." you spoke, filling the quiet air. "your arm is amazing. i know you don't like it, but i love it." you said.

he kissed your forehead. "thank you, my love. but i don't think so." "why's that?" "because it makes people scared of me." he said, shamefully once again. i kissed his metal arm. "hey, don't say that. i bet people would love to have your arm. i'd love to have your arm, actually." "really?" "yeah! it's so cool! look at the vibranium..-" "you know.." bucky cut you off. "you look gorgeous when you're talking about things you really like. you blushed. oh, how bucky loved to compliment you. "want me to talk about you?" you said, making him blush, too.

"you're blushing, barnes." "i don't blush." he said sternly. "oh, yeah? your face says otherwise." you pointed out. he playfully rolled his eyes before kiss your forehead. his favourite spot, besides your lips, that he likes to kiss.

"i love you, y/n." he whispered. "i love you too, buck." you replied. he smiled, playing with your hair. "thank you." he said out of nowhere. "hm?" i hummed. "for?" "for this. for making me feel better. thank you, this is all i need." he said, making you smile. "of course." i said, snuggling into him.

"i'd never hurt you, princess."