❤️ 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗼𝘀𝗲 {𝗡𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗶 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘅}

Disclaimer: Covers Nikki's Overdose in '87- it's intentionally not 100% accurate to real life.

I've linked 'Live Wire' by Meghan Kabir above- it's a great cover of the Crüe song, it was used in 'The Dirt' when Nikki was on  heroin and it's a beautiful cover, so... it links in rather nicely.

🔥

1987

Nikki had gone out to a party, what was new? He'd been called by Slash from Guns N' Roses who'd become a close friend over the last year or so. I have no issue with Nikki going out to party's. None at all.

However, Partying it's now all he really ever did- it's all he's been doing for the last few years, partying and shooting up, getting further and further into addiction.

I'd tried to help my fiancé, I'd spoke to him and spilt my heart to him about my fears that one day he was going to shoot up and not come back. Nikki would listen, promise me all kinds of things, promise he'll be fine, that he knows what he's doing.

Nikki never promised he'd get clean, because he knew he couldn't keep it- I don't really understand why he didn't want to get clean, because we could actually progress our relationship- actually get married, start a family- none of which was going to happen while he was on heroin... but I appreciate him not making a promise he can't keep.

I was just sitting up waiting for him to come crashing through the door at 3 in the morning, which was quite a way off yet but I'd rather wait up to check if he's alright.

It had been a couple of hours since Nikki left now, I was just watching TV mindlessly not really paying attention to it- instead I was writing a song maybe the boys can use it in their next album.. I write for the boys quite a lot, they always have me check and make adjustments to the songs- but on the rare occasion I'll write one and that's what I'm doing today.

Or atleast it was what I was doing... until the TV caught my attention.

"It's a sad day for Rock N' Roll fans today, as Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx has reportedly died tonight from a heroin overdose while attending a party this evening. Others at this party included fellow rockstar Slash guitarist of band Guns N' Roses als-"

The second I heard the word so stood up glaring intensely at the TV screen, I didn't bother listening anymore as the words sank in, I just watched in the screen as they played short clips and showed pictures of my now dead fiancé.

My heart stopped, tears filled my eyes and I silently begged this not to be real. Shock over took me and I went into denial.

He can't be dead... he just can't... this is some kind of sick joke.. isn't it?

My brain couldn't wrap itself around the concept of life without Nikki.

What the fuck am I going to do?

It was physically painful to think about never seeing his smile again, never hearing his laugh again, never feeling his warmth at night again. I felt sick, my brain began thinking at a million miles per hour trying to make sense of what the fuck happened.

Nikki knew what he was doing... yes, he had OD'd a number of times before but ever since the last time he overdosed he's been extra careful with how much heroin he used. How did this happen?