💛 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 {𝗧𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘆 𝗟𝗲𝗲}

This request was from 80sLoverKay, thank you so much, I really liked this idea!

I hope you enjoy this ☺️

•🔥•

Y/N's POV, 1978

I'm one of those people who stays in the background, who's rather quiet and keeps herself to herself- I stay out of trouble and don't like being the centre of attention. So how in gods name did I manage to become friends with some of the loudest, most attention seeking and popular people in my school was completely beyond me.

My three best friends, Vince Wharton and Sara Greenfield and Tommy Bass were the most popular people in school, I always felt out of place hanging out with them but they were genuine enough people and respected the fact I'm just not like them.

Sara was my closest girl-friend, but there was a small problem of we both fancied Tommy... she told me she liked him but I've never told her I also had feelings for the boy because I didn't want her to hate me or something.

Only Vince knew of my feelings for Tommy, I'd told him a couple of years ago now, Vince and I had known each other since kindergarten, our parents were close friends so we just kinda grew up together and I'd trust him with anything and he's always told me I should tell Tommy how I feel, but I've always told him Tommy wouldn't ever like me back, but Vince always gives me a look like he knew something I didn't.

But it's alright for him, Vince doesn't do relationships or feelings, he's just about sex.

If Vince ever fell in love with a woman he's have a mental breakdown because he wouldn't know how to deal with it.

Homecoming was three days from now, and I hadn't been asked by anyone, I was wanting to be asked by Tommy but I don't think he will, though I don't think he's going with anyone right now he hasn't mentioned anyone to me so I still have a little bit of hope.

But I think I'm just going to ask him. Vince had also told me just to ask him, so that's what I'm doing.

I't was lunch time and was looking for Tommy, he's usually in the doss room as we call it which is like the break room for grades 11 and 12, I head straight over there to see if the drummer is in there.

I got to the room and peaked my head around the side of the door and saw Tommy sat in the break room talking with Sara, I smiled and walked into the room announcing myself "Hey"

Tommy instantly looked over at me and grinned "Y/N, hey- how was your morning?"

"It was great thanks, you?"

"It was good, yeah"

"Awesome" I smiled looking over at Sara "How was your night?"

"Good, yeah thanks- my moms been on my ass about the homecoming on Friday"

I smiled "Yeah, mine too... actually, while on that subject Tommy I was wondering do you-"

"Do you want to go to homecoming with me?" Sara interrupted me, purposely cutting me off knowing what I was about to ask Tommy.