WARMTH

you are the person i'll
never stop looking for
in a crowded place

Noah's pov

I woke up in the early afternoon only to find River snuggling into me even more, searching for warmth.

I smiled looking down at her, "Good morning baby."

She mumbled a good morning her voice muffled from being pressed into my neck.

I laughed knowing how she is in the mornings, and got up with her body wrapped around me.

I sat her on the counter by the sink and that woke her up.

"It's cold Noah," She groaned and made grabby hands at me.

I shook my head at her with a small smile on my face, "I'm just getting the toothbrush, doll."

I put toothpaste on both our brushes and gave hers to her and stood between her open legs.

She wrapped an arm around my neck and brushed her teeth.

She was so clingy in the mornings, I found it absolutely endearing.

After we were done with our morning routine we went back to the room and sat on the bed.

She got up to get her phone and came back to sit on my lap.

I opened my phone with one hand, and wrapped the other around her waist.

"I texted Jude, she said she's much better now." River said softly with a smile on her face.

I stared at her and couldn't help but lean down a peck her soft cheek.

She blushed looking up from her phone and turned slightly on my lap, "what was that for?"

I shook my head and rested my head on her bare dainty shoulder where my shirt slipped because it was too big on her. I pecked her there too.

"The boys are coming over, we're gonna play football," I informed her.

She nodded turned her whole body around so she was straddling me, "Noah can you drop me home?"

I Inclined my head to the side in question.

"Sarah's picking me up so we can go over to Jude's and I need to change," She said softly.

"Oh okay, let's make breakfast then go," I said.

Like River, my parents were also rarely ever home. They owned a traveling agency so they were always busy or abroad.

After we ate breakfast I dropped her home and went back waiting for the guys to come over.

~

River's pov  ♡

After Noah dropped me off I saw my mom sitting on the couch typing away at her Macbook.

"Mom!" I squealed and went to hug her, happy to see her home.

"Hey honey, your father and I just arrived." She said.

I sat down and we spoke for a while until I had to go and get ready.

"Mom I have to go get ready, Sarah's picking me up soon," I said getting up after giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay River, just go say hi to your father before leaving." She said sternly.

I nodded and left.

After showering, I went to my closet and was starting to pick out clothes when the sound of my phone went off. I opened it and saw it was Noah, he sent me a picture of him and the guys with the caption 'I miss you already + save me'.