ADORE

you got that kind of look in your eyes as if no one knows anything but us

River's pov

I woke up the next morning encased in warmth, in fact, it was too warm. Dressed in a hoodie, under a fluffy blanket, and an extra white one, plus wrapped around Noah, who was still peacefully sleeping. I carefully got up without waking my love. I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

Looking around, everyone was asleep; Caleb and Sarah on one couch, Jake on the other side, snoring. Jude wasn't here-

A noise sounded in the kitchen and that's when I got my answer. Walking in I saw her in her cow printed pajama pants and black shirt making breakfast.

"Need some help?" I chirped, making her jump.

She pressed a hand to her chest, "Geez Riv, you almost gave me a heart attack."

I giggled and shook my head at her.

"It's alright, go freshen up first, then help me set the plates," she instructed, as she skillfully flipped a pancake.

Quickly doing my morning routine, I walk back to where she was and started setting plates on the rectangle marble kitchen counter.

"Hey girls," Sarah said walking in, then sat on one of the stools around the counter.

Turning to her, "morning Sarah," I said as I finished setting the plates and utensils.

She widened her arms, and I went into her embrace, instantly cuddling into the warmth she provided.

Not a second later I was ripped out of her embrace and pulled to a hard chest.

"Down doggy," Jude said motioning, spatula at hand.

Noah ignores her and Sarah puts a hand to her mouth to cover up her smile but fails miserably.

Giving her a bashful smile I mouthed a 'sorry', to which she shook her head amusedly and waved me off, then stalked back to where Caleb was.

I turned around and looked up at Noah who was staring down at me.

"I woke up and you were gone," Noah said, voice still husky from his sleepiness.

He sat us on the stool with me perched on his thigh. I wrap my arms around his neck, brushing my nose against his softly as I say, "sorry my love."

Tightening his arms around me, he nuzzles his face into my neck.

"That smells so good," Jake says, simultaneously yawning and walking in. Caleb and Sarah in tow.

Jude glances over her shoulder, grinning, "you're just in time." she says as she flips the last pancake and sets them on the counter.

No one wastes time as she says, "Dig in."

Noah and I share a plate and start eating.

"Thanks for making breakfast Jude," Sarah winks at her.

Jude smiles, her hazel eyes glittering, "It's the least I could do. Take it as a thank you for what you guys did for me."

I let out an 'awh' pouting at her sweetness. She turns to me and leans down to peck my soft cheek, making me smile.

Noah's arm tightens around me, pulling me closer to his chest, as he shoves pancakes in his mouth. I caress his forearm and lean against him.

Sarah makes tea and serves it to us as the kitchen is filled with banter and chatter. While our friends are busy eating and talking, Noah taps my thigh signaling me to stand.