BLUSH

I loved you in spite of deep fears
that the world would divide us

The weekend rolled in and it was the day of the party. The girls and River were all getting ready in her room.

Jude was doing Sarah's make-up, "girl your lashes are so long."

River nodded in agreement.

Sarah just laughed and smiled at the compliment.

River just got out of the shower and let her blonde hair dry naturally.

When Jude was done with both herself and Sarah's makeup she looked over at River and said, "ugh, I'm so jealous of you, you literally don't even need to wear makeup."

River had only put mascara to lengthen her already long lashes, and lipgloss.

She mumbled a 'thank you' with rosy cheeks and went into her walk-in closet.

When she came out her friends turned to her with gaping mouths.

"Damn Riri," Jude said at the same time Sarah said, "Noah's going to flip."

River blushed thinking about the tall boy.

She looked down at herself, she wore a black fitting dress that had red flowers and spaghetti straps that ended mid-thigh.

Sarah was wearing a dark blue fitted shirt with black skinny ripped jeans and strappy heels.

Jude was wearing a flowy off-the-shoulder black dress with pumps.

"Guys would it be weird if I wore my white converse?" River asked frowning.

They looked her up and down and shook their heads, "You pull it off just fine babe." Jude said.

They all stared at their reflection in the mirror of the ivory vanity.

"We look hot," Jude said.

They agreed with her.

Sarah pulled out her phone and started taking pictures of them and selfies.

A sound of a honk halted their mini photo shoot.

River felt nervous all of a sudden.

Sarah noticed and said, "hey Riv, it's going to be fun, I promise."

River smiled weakly and linked her lithe arms with Jude and Sarah's.

They walked down the stairs and went out of the house to see the big black hummer that belonged to Caleb.

The guys were standing outside the car, they halted their conversation when they saw the girls approaching.

Caleb went straight to Sarah and started whispering something in her ear that caused her to blush and wrap her arms around his neck.

"Baby," Noah said coming up to River.

She looked up at him and blushed at the look he had in his eyes.

"Hey," She mumbled and went on her tiptoes and kissed his jaw as he held her by her hips.

He put his face in her neck and breathed her vanilla scent in, "you're killing me."

She flushed more and pressed herself against him, "you don't look so bad yourself, Noah."

A flash of light and a sound of a click made them pull away from each other, only for Noah to wrap his arms around her waist.

Standing there was Sarah holding up her phone and the rest of the gang.

"You guys are actually so cute," Sarah said gushing.

"Yeah, and it's not even funny anymore," Jake said with a smirk.

River just buried her head in Noah's toned chest and smiled while Noah just laughed and kissed her head.

Caleb cleared his throat and said, "Let's get going guys."

They all climbed into the car, Caleb driving and Sarah in the passenger seat.

The middle seat was occupied by Jude and Jake who were taking selfies and laughing.

In the back-seat sat River and Noah.

Noah took out his phone and took a picture of them while he was kissing her neck.

She just giggled, looked at him, and said, "I'm so lucky to have you, Noah."

And then something shocking happened. He was blushing. Noah. Her Noah.

She gasped and cupped his cheek in her small soft hands.

"You're adorable."

  Noah grabbed her by the waist and hauled her to his lap and sat her on one strong thigh since she couldn't straddle him in her short tight dress, or else he wouldn't be able to hold himself back.

He put his hand on her neck and made her lean in nudging his nose against her tiny one, making her sound another set of giggles that made his heart soar.

"Baby, you're the adorable one," She looked up and pouted.

The rest of the ride River sat perched on his lap with his arms securely around her small waist, with her head on his chest playing with the rings on his fingers until they arrived.