Chapter 39

Astrea got out of the car and slammed the door behind her and Lucifer followed suit. She walked up to the door and plastered a fake smile before knocking, notifying her parents of their arrival. Astrea's mother was the first to open the door with a big smile adorning her facial features at the sight of her beloved daughter.

"Astrea, I'm glad that you both could make it." She looked over to Lucifer with a welcoming smile and let them both in.

"The food is ready and your brothers, sister and father are all seated,  we were just waiting for you two."

"Thanks mom."

Lucifer and Astrea made their way to the table and Astrea's father looked happy for once.

"Astrea, my princess." Hector stood up from his chair and went up to hug his daughter.

"Hey dad."

"Lucifer." He nodded towards him and Lucifer returned the nod.

"Hector."

The three sat down in their respected chairs. Lucifer was next to Astrea of course.

"The food will be served in a moment." Miranda informed as she sat down in her seat.

"I hope you don't mind, there will be an extra guest tonight." Hector told them and Miranda leaned closer to her husband.

"What are you planning?" Hector smirked in reply turned to kiss his wife's cheek.

"You will see." Was his only reply before the doors opened.

"Good evening." Astrea turned her eyes to the man at the door then turned to her father.

"What is he doing here?"

"Come in, come in." Hector urged the young man. "Have a seat boy."

Lucifer watched, a bored expression covering his face.

"Dad, I asked what he was doing here?" Astrea repeated a bit louder as the Man sat in the empty chair beside her. Astrea moved closer to Lucifer.

"Relax Astrea. You don't have to move away. I don't bite."

Astrea rolled her eyes at the comment and looked over to her dad expectantly.

"Dad?"

"Astrea don't be so dramatic. Let Lorenzo sit where he wishes." Astrea's dad told her and looked over to his wife. "Now the food can be brought out."

"No need." Astrea told her family and stood up. "We are leaving." She informed.

"Why?" Hector dared to ask.

"Dad, Your not serious." Astrea started. "You can't expect me to sit here and be happy when my ex is sitting right beside me and my current boyfriend. That's crazy man!"

Lucifer stood up and pulled Astrea to him. "Baby, calm down. It's ok. Let's go." He told her softly so only she could hear.

Astrea nodded and took her back pack then wore it. "I'm sorry dinner had to end before it started mom. I know you worked hard on it, I just don't get why your husband couldn't be more considerate for once in his life and let you be happy."

"Watch your tone with me, little girl."

"Dad I was not even talking to you. I was talking to my mother"

"Astrea shut the fuck up of i--"

"Or you will what?" Lucifer butted in.

"I'm not talking to you, boy. She is my daughter--"

"Yeah, Seo-bin is right. Or what? Will you hit me? Punish me? Kick me out?" Astrea asked. "Because it seems like my new home is already with Lucifer."

"Astrea." Antonio started but was silenced silently by Antony.

"Do not interfere. Father is in the wrong here." He told the other. Gift and Gabe just sat there and watched. They were a bit confused.

"Astrea that is not what your father is trying to do." Lorenzo tried to say but was silenced with a slap to the face.

"Shut up." Astrea seethed. "I wish you could just die already! Both of you." She pointed a finger at Lorenzo and her father, tears welling in her eyes.  "I hate you forever for this." She told her dad before pulling Lucifer along with her, out the door and to the car.

For the first time in her entire life, Astrea truely felt betrayed