Chapter 37

"Baby I'm sorry."  Lucifer apologised for the thousandth time that night. He was actually not sure why Astrea was mad. She had already said that she forgave him for talking to her teacher in a rude manner then taking her away from her precious studies.

Astrea stood up from the couch then went to get a pack of chips from the kitchen, ignoring Lucifer's presence the whole time. Lucifer followed her and sat on one of the chairs, watching as she ate her chips.

"Baby, please." He pleaded again.

"What?" Astrea asked.

"Why are you still angry at me?" He questioned.

Astrea paused mid-chew. Why was she angry at Lucifer?

"I don't know." She shugged her shoulders and made her way to the seated man after placing her chips on the table.

"Ok." Lucifer sighed. "Just don't expect me to beg you anymore." He told her and Astrea nodded.

"So why did you pull me out of school?" She asked.

Lucifer pulled her closer and placed his head in between her breasts. "My parents are comming." He mumbled, not really looking up at her face.

Astrea froze.

His parents were comming? When? Why?

"When are they comming?" Astrea tried to act cool around the situation although inside she was panicking like hell.

"Tomorrow." Lucifer looked up at his girlfriends horrified eyes. "But we are going to meet them the day after-baby what's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Astrea just shook her head at Lucifer. "Nothing. I just remembered that my parents invited the both of us to dinner tomorrow night." She recalled. Her mother had called her earlier, telling her about it.

Astrea remembered how her father never liked seeing Astrea with Lucifer and wondered if this dinner was going to go as her mom planned. Astrea hoped that no fights would break out.

Lucifer rolled his eyes at the new information. He had noted how Astrea's mother would try and bring them all closer together but her father was just too stubborn. He hated seeing Lucifer's face face and Lucifer felt the same way. He only tolerated him because he was Astrea's father.

"Baby, I don't know if I can go." Lucifer tried to make an excuse.

He watched as his girlfriends brows furrowed in confusion. "Why not?" She lookdd at him expectantly.

"W-well... I have a meeting at the company which I can't miss." The lie came out and Lucifer was surprised at how truthful it sounded.

He never had to lie before and this was his first time.

"Oh... when does the meeting end?"

"At around 7 in the evening."

Astrea nodded. "Is there anything else?" Lucifer shook his head, negative.

"Good because dinner starts at 8 and your meeting starts not too long so...  I'll see you there." Astrea landed a quick kiss on Lucifer' lips before skipping up the stairs, going to inform her mother the good news over the phone.

"Shit." Lucifer cursed.