Chapter 8

"Astrea open this fucking door!" Antonio raged.

The whole family tried to stop them but both the twins were out of control.

Antony had run off to blow off some steam. Most probably fucking some girl he'd see on the side lines.

Typical.

But, Antonio was not going to do that. He wanted the matter dealt with. Plus... he already haf a girlfriend that he hadn't claimed... yet.

Isabella.

Antonio kept banging on the door for Astrea to let him in.

He couldn't take it anymore.

Astrea and him had been the closest thing since two ply toilet paper. They were even closer than him and Antony... which was still surprising to the family.

Antony himself was even jeleous of them.

But lately.... Astrea had been drifting away from him. From their once close bond.

He could see how closer she was getting to Isabella but he didn't care.

It actually made him very ecstatic to see that his little sister was getting closer to his wife-to-be but it seemed that they always looked too close and every time he would pass them, Isabella would always be hugging Astrea.

They would have heated discussions but when any of the family would go into the room then it would end automatically and immediately.

They were hiding something. He had concluded.

Everyone knew it and now Antonio had enough.

He hated every single time Astrea would say that she was fine when she wasn't.

He hated when she would not ask him for help like she used to.

He hated it all.

He wanted Astrea back. Not the Astrea he was living with now, he wanted the old Astrea back.

He wanted his younger sister to lean on him again. To tell him when she was in trouble or when she was menstruating so he could take care of her....

Ok, he was never the type to enjoy those type of discussions but it would help in the future... if he had a daughter.

It felt wierd sleeping alone at night because he would always spend his night's in Astrea's room doing wierd things and playing silly games until he would crash dead on the bed.

"Astrea, I swear that if you don't open this door then I'm going to kick it down!" Which was impossible. Antonio added in his head.

Astrea's door was very hard to break.

Antonio learnt that the hard way. Even the thought of what he had done had him shuddering but at that moment, it was the least of his worries.

Antonio got the same answer he got every time he spoke. Silence.

The rest of the family resorted to sitting and watching from the sidelines. It would be useless to try and stop him. They were smart enough to know that.

Astrea sat on her bed. Her tears rolling down her cheeks like the waves.

She felt like it was her fault.

It was her fault for making her making herself cry. She had worried her family and now, they were worried for her.

I don't deserve a family. I'm useless and a waste of space and an ugly fat cow. She told herself.

All she could hear was the sound of her brothers pleas, begging her to come out so that they could talk.

It was not everyday that Antonio begged and it broke her heart to hear him beg by her door to just let him in.

Suddenly, the banging stopped and Astrea looked up. The tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

She heard the shuffling of feet and a single sniffle. It was enough to make her jump out of bed and into the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror.

Disgust evident in her eyes.

She was surprised that nobody noticed her eyebrows and eyelashes. They were all green but she would see the clolour fading on her eye lashes.

It must have been due to the crying. She thought to herself. She was sure that the green would be gone by the end of the week.

She washed her face and went straight to the shower to do her hair. She had promised herself that she was going to take as much showers as she could in a day to make the colour in her hair fade. She desperately wanted to see her normal hair colour back.

She sighed and scrubbed her hair gentley and carefully after wetting it and putting her on her shampoo.

It was useless any way. It was not like she could solve the world's problems. She couldn't even take care of herself properly.

She got out of the shower after deciding to clean herself too. She walked into her walk in closet that was filled with the clothes that she would never wear and took out her favourite blue cotton pajamas.

The ones she wore made her feel depressed.

She heard shuffling again at the other side of the door and her mother's sweet voice reached her ears.

"Honey." Her mother sighed.

"I don't know what happend but if you want to talk. I'm always here. Your father is here too and all your brother's and sister are here although the others see still in Italy. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in your own home and I want you to feel safe. If you feel like we are not doing any of those things then please tell us." Miranda-Astrea's mom felt like a failure.

She felt like she didn't qualify to be a mother but she knew that she had to keep it together.

She looked back at her husband who was staring at her with an unreadable expression.

Lately, both of them had been having problems but she would fix them.

For their children.

"Please tell me if your having problems here at home. If your having problems with your friends or at school." Astrea froze at that line.

Had she known? No, if she did know then she would've confronted her by now.

"Are you being bullied? I've been seeing changes in you Trea. I want you to tell me what's wrong. Rea is going to be here in a couple of minutes. "Was her mother's parting words.

Miranda looked back at her husband and signaled him to follw her. Hector followed without question but vowed to himself that he would look into the matter further.

Astrea was left feeling horribly mortified.

Rea was comming and that was not good for her.

She had missed training.

So she did the most stupidest thing.

She locked every door and window she had and went to sleep.

She dreaded what was going to happen the next day.