Chapter 9

The next day, Astrea acted as if nothing happend.

She woke up, did her morning routine of singing in the shower and wore her black dress.

The dress was simple yet elegant, casual yet classy with its beautiful pattern of gold swirling around it. Astrea matched it with with a a white belt and her signature black heels. The whole outfit was made by herself. She was also a fashion designer but she hid her identity. Everyone knew her as Astrea the actress and model but nobody knew her as a fashion designer.

After dressing and putting on her wig, she made sure to pack her gym clothes and some extras. She then took both her black duffle back and her white back pack and left for the car.

She put the things in the car then went back into the house to get her lunch then eat breakfast.

She got to the dining table and she was surprisingly not the first one there. She was shocked to see her brother Antonio sitting in one of the chairs, lost in thought.

There was food on the table and everything was set out perfectly.

Astrea quietly made her entrance and sat down in one of the chairs.

"Good morning. "She greeted with a soft smile.

Antonio looked up.

He looked like a mess. Crazy bed hair, bags under his eyes, chapped lips, and his clothes were wrinkled.

He looked at Astrea with defeated eyes.

"Morning"

Even his response was not the same...

Astrea immediately stood up and went to his brothers side but all he did was stand up and push her away.

She fell back to the ground with a thud and looked up.

She felt hurt but she knew that she deserved it. It was her fault. She watched as her brother stumbled out of the room and sighed as she stood up.

She was used to being pushed, and even beaten. It felt more painful when her brother did it. It felt like she was being burnt alive.

She stared at the space where her brother was sitting just moments ago and let a tear fall.

She remembered all the comments she got from her peers at school and her boyfriend then wiped her tears.

"Little miss ugly duckling, thinking that she is going to turn into a beautiful swan soon" A cheerleader once said behind her back. She thought that Astrea couldn't hear her but she did.

"Why so people call you Astrea when you have no ass" That comment has come from one of the footballers at school.

"Shh... it looks uglier up close" A bunch girls were passing by and said that.

"Look at that fat hippo, no wonder why her hot brothers never have time for her" That comment had come from the mean girl in school, Lori.

She always wanted to get it on with her brothers.

"What did Enzo ever see in this piece of shit? Anyways, if doesn't matter as long as he and I are up for fucking tonight." Again, Lori.

"You look nothing like your family!" That was Enzo.

"Now I see why they call her 'it'. It looks horrible " Another one of their classmates thinking that he sounded cool.

"Look at it, it's so ugly even from a distance"