Chapter 21

Astrea looked around the huge room, looking for anyone or someone to entertain her. She looked down at her glass which was filled with what she thought was non-alcoholic cocktail and took a small sip.

When they all had first gotten there, Astrea had made sure to excuse herself to the corner of the room where she had the perfect view of the entrance and everything else. Unfortunately, she couldn't get a view of the top floor where the rooms were located but she was still content with just looking at where she had already been.

They had changed the venue of the gala at last minute because there was apparently some problem that had been going on at the first venue so it was hosted at one of Lucifer's grand homes and Astrea was impressed with the last minute decorations. It looked like they were supposed to be there all along.

A couple entered the room and by what Astrea saw, they just couldn't keep their hands off each other which ment that they should be a new wedded couple or just engaged judging from the ring on the woman's finger.

Astrea took her last sip of cocktail and immediately wanted more so she walked away from her spot and to her brothers. She didn't wanna get it on her own because she was just too shy.

As Astrea walked over to her closest brother, her eyes kept blurring up as she felt a bit tipsy.

Antonio had his back to Astrea, talking to one of his business partners. The conversation looked serious but with each growing minute, Astrea got more impatient as she she stood behind him. She wanted the cocktail right at that moment so she walked up to her brother and linked their arms together then smiled up at the tall man.

He had a lot of tattoos to be considered as a business partner.

It actually made Astrea wonder what kind of job her brothers and dad had. It seemed so private yet so open at the same time.

"Good evening. I hope you are having a good time but can I borrow my brother for a few moments?" Astrea politely asked, showing off her smile and the man instantly nodded, not minding at all.

Astrea pulled her brother away and looked st him with a look that clearly said "don't mess with me, I'm serious."

"What?" Antonio tried to hide his irritation.

"Do you see this?" Astrea asked, lifting up her now empty glass.

"Yes. It's a glass." Antonio answerd, already getting bored of the conversation.

"Yes, it's a glass but look at it much closely and tell me what type of glass it is." Astrea demanded.

"Jeseus Astrea, what has gotten into you? It's a glass that can break, ok? Now give it to me so that i can put it away." Antonio demanded, getting fed up with his sister. She had already took him away from an important conversation and now she was being all bossy and demanding.

"Yes! It can break but it's empty. I need it filled up with that pink cocktail like now." Astrea whined, ignoring Antonio's outstretched hand.

"Pink? I told you to drink the blue one. Why did you drink the pink one?! The pink one is alcoholic you dumbass. Now give me the glass and go sit like a good little girl." Antonio scolded and Astrea just pouted in disappointment.

She wasn't drunk but she sure was tipsy. That was already her 11th glass of the alcoholic beverage and she was surprised that she didn't get drunk. She just needed the toilet so that was where she was aiming to be. In the toilet.

After taking care of her womanly needs in the toilet, Astrea washed her hands thoroughly then dried them before putting on some hand lotion from her purse. She walked out of the toliet then realised that she was lost.

There were so many rooms and she forgot what the kind man who let her there had told her if she got lost. Astrea blamed it on the alcohol in her system.

Astrea opened one if the rooms and hoped that some one was in there so that they could lead her out and she was lucky...

A man stood there, in front of her. It was like he was going out of the room anyway so that was an advantage. Astrea looked up from the man's suit coverd chest and looked at his face and the man tilted his head down to look at her.

Their eyes locked. Light, almost hazel eyes stared right into Brown, almost black eyes.

___________________________

It's happening!