PROLOGUE

She ran to the bathroom tears streaming down her face. Why do people have to be so mean? she thought.

She cursed herself for being so goddamn sensitive. All she wanted to do was be in Noah's arms. He made her feel safe, secured and soothed her.

As if he was summoned, the girl's bathroom door slammed open and Noah ran inside. He got a text from a friend that she was seen crying.

His heart ached at the sight. River's eyes were puffy and rimmed with red, even her soft cheeks were flushed. He wondered how someone crying could still manage to look so fucking adorable.

She was standing in the middle of the bathroom. He went to her and picked her up and put her on the long sink. His arms wrapped around her small waist and stood between her legs, arms quickly went around his neck and she snuggled into him, resting her face in his neck.

"Baby, what's wrong," He said. River only whimpered and cuddled even more into him.

Noah waited patiently, "Angel, you have to tell me what's wrong so I can fix it."

He sighed softly when she didn't reply and just held her closer to him.

They were in each other's arms for god knows how long. After a while, Noah moved away only for him to grab her face and make her look at him.

He stared at her baby blue eyes which were less red, and brought his nose close to hers, and rubbed them against each other making her blush and huff a laugh.

"There's my girl," He said knowing it'll make her blush even more.

She smiled and kissed his cheek. "How'd you know where to find me," She asked.

He held her by the waist again and replied, "when my baby is sad, they know better than to not tell me."

River hugged him again and said against his neck "thank you, Noah."

He pulled away and kissed her cute still- red nose and said, green eyes darkening, "now tell me, who do I need to put back in their place."