CHAPTER 17

*ARAMINA*

"Wow you have a very beautiful house," I said to Demi as she ushered us in her mansion. It was all white with very expensive looking furniture all around the house. The floor looked spotless as we stood on the green rug that was at the doorway. The spiral stairway particularly caught my eye that was a few steps from the doorway.

"Thank you very much. I'll have Juanita take your bags," she responded as a middle aged lady greeted us kindly and took our bags upstairs.

"I think I'll first take a shower before dinner is that okay?" I asked Demi. I wouldn't want to impose on her plans and wanted to be a great guest.

"Yeah that's totally fine. I could show you to your room if you'd like"

"No it's okay. Just give me directions and I'll be on my way. Plus I'll just ask Juanita if I get lost coz she's already there"

"Okay. Well your room is the fourth door to the left. I hope you'll love it," said Demi with a smile. I nodded and walked away. The shower was sort of an excuse to leave Demi and Luther alone to talk. I knew that they had a lot to talk about plus, I felt tired and I could've used a quick shower and maybe a nap. I walked the steps two at a time and stood to look at the long corridor. I walked towards my room and found Juanita spreading the sheets on my bed.

"Ah Miss Cole, I'm done with your bed and your room is spotless. I've also unpacked your suitcase and hanged your clothes and ironed the dresses," said Juanita.

"Thank you Juanita. When is dinner going to be ready?"

"Well at times like these, Miss Lovato likes to have her meals catered so possibly at around eight"

"Oh okay."

"How are the kids doing?" she asked happily.

I looked at her confusedly, "Kids? What kids?"

"You know, with Luther."

"Oh I'm not, we're not... I'm not Luther's wife"

"Oh my God this is so embarrassing-" Juanita started.

"No it's okay. I'm just his friend"

"Oh... It's nice to meet you and I'm sorry again," she said as she scurried out of the room. Why did everyone think I was Luther's wife? Probably because you are with him at his family reunion? I shrugged and headed to the bathroom.

****

*LUTHER*

The awkward silence in the sitting room was painful. It felt as though you could cut the tension between my sister and I with a knife. I grabbed a green apple from the fruit basket that was laid on the table at the right corner of the room and took a bite.

"So... "

"So... " continued Demi. We clearly had issues between us.

"Well I'm-"

"I'm just-"
We began to speak simultaneously and chuckled nervously.