CHAPTER 50

*DAMON*

"I honestly don't know what to do with her anymore Aria. I am this close to snapping," I said taking a bite from my toast. It was breakfast time and Andrea had just gone to check on the twins. My sister on the other hand was sleeping as usual. Aria and I rose earlier than usual since we were both heading to work and the morning's stellar orange sunrise brightened up the day.

"I too, maybe she should not have left San Diego. She is still adamant on her refusal to go for her therapy sessions," sighed Aria and i reached for her hand on the table.

"Don't worry. Today she-"

"Good morning my beautiful family!" Aramina chirped walking majestically into the room her arms outstretched as she held on to our heads giving both of us a light kiss on our foreheads. I eyed her suspiciously as she opened the fridge and cabinet towards the left side of the fridge. I heard the gas turned on momentarily and she settled next to me with a bowl in hand. I raised my brow as she poured milk all over her cereal and took a bite.

"What? Am i not allowed to eat anymore?" She asked looking at Aria then at me as she settled her empty spoon back in the bowl.

"What, no liquor today?" I ushered at her cereal.

"Nah I'm done with that. Besides, i am not expected to show up drunk to work now am I?" She smiled through her chewing. I had totally forgotten about today being her first day back since her maternity leave. I had not even noticed her change in attire as her familiar long maroon sweater dress clung to her body. The black heels she rocked should have been a dead giveaway when she walked around the room but given her usual stomping i had not really noticed.

"Well let me finish breakfast then i can drive you to work," I said finishing off my toast.

"No. I don't need a chauffeur anymore bro, I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry about me anymore," she said kissing my temple with a fast side hug then got up to clean her bowl. Aria's eyes widened and i raised my shoulders in confusion.

"Look, i know that ever since we got here i haven't exactly been the best daughter and sister but now that i am myself again everything is going to be fine," she smiled waving at us as she headed towards the doorway car keys in hand.

"Aren't you going to work?"

"Oh yes. It's just that i am so used to riding alone that it just became a thing for me. See you later," I said hugging her and quickly rushing to the driveway before Aramina left without me.

I jumped at the car's front waving my hands dramatically as Aramina stopped the car. "What are you doing?" She asked irritatedly sticking her head from her window.

"I'm coming with you," I answered settling myself in the car and buckling my seatbelt.

"Get your own car brother dearest"

"You are driving it," I stated ushering around us. Her face relaxed in realization confirming with the car keys. "But if you want to drive it then then drive it."

She beamed as we sped abruptly to the highway. "Whoa! Slow down you have two kids. Besides, I don't have a death wish."

"I'm just excited to head back to work"