CHAPTER 10

The following day I arrived at work earlier than everyone else and I continued the schedule that i had on that day. I had started an online publishing workshop and I had made sure my father was blocked from all sites. I did not want to handle his cruelty about this situation. After three hours or so, I felt the need to take a break and so I took a bottle of champagne and poured myself a glass. I was in my favourite orange dress that hugged me tightly all the way to the middle of my tibia. I wore black six inch heels and hadn't accesorised much. I slowly walked to the balcony after taking off my black coat and slowly sipped the champagne savouring its taste as it went down my throat. I was really glad that I had started using a new collection of dry lipstick. The cold breeze and the breathtaking view of the city was helping me think and I loved it. I was deep in thought as an arm snaking around my waist startled me. I looked at the source and saw Detective Blake, he too holding a glass of champagne in his hand.

"It's funny how you enter your boss' boss office, pour yourself a glass of champagne and think that you also get to touch her, " I said swatting his arm from my waist.

"I thought we are cool besides, we are friends now, aren't we?" he said with that annoying smirk playing around his lips twenty four seven.

"Friends? Are we Blake? Are we really? " I asked as I walked down towards my desk.

"Yeah that's what I thought. Come on Aramina, "

"Wow. It's been a long time since I've heard you use my name, " I said taking a seat and crossing my legs. I loved the warm manner that the dress I wore hugged me. It had short cursive drawings black in colour around the edges and mid sleeves.

"Exactly, you see? That's what friends do give each other nicknames."

"I don't have a nickname for you, " I said arrogantly resting my hands on the seat.

"We'll find one Champagne," he said with a wink.

"So what brought you here in the first place? "

"I have the details you had me find out," he said pushing the file towards me on the shiny hardwood desk. I took it and opened eagerly.

NAME: LUTHER KAREV WOODS
AGE:THIRTY FOUR YEARS
OCCUPATION: DOCTOR; BROOKLYN NATIONAL HOSPITAL
PLACE OF BIRTH: WESTWOOD; VIRGINIA
DATE OF BIRTH: SEVENTEENTH SEPTEMBER
RESIDENCE: SAN DIEGO; CALIFORNIA
ADDRESS : 2478 ANABEL ELM STREET
PARENTS: WILLIAM COREY WOODS AND MEREDITH ALISHA WOODS
SIBLINGS: ALEXIS APRIL WOODS AND DEMETRIA YANG WOODS
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: JESSICA JOAN WOODS
CHILDREN: PATRICIA ROSE WOODS
BLOOD TYPE: A-B

Of course there were other details about him, his medical records, his code of conduct which did not actually surprise me. He had been to juvenile for a while and served his sentence for quite a long period of time for... Murder? Wow.

"Wait, you have got to be kidding me,"
I looked at the photo that was attached to his file. He seemed so happy since he was probably laughing when the picture was taken.
"I've seen this man before. He accidentally spilled coffee on me on the day of the second break in. "