CHAPTER 15

BLAKE AND ARAMINA ON CALL;

BLAKE:
"Champagne?"

ARAMINA:
"Please... I need you"

BLAKE:
(Alert) "Are you crying?"

ARAMINA:
"Please just come... I'm afraid, terrified, hurry"

BLAKE:
"Where are you?"

ARAMINA:
"My apartment"

BLAKE:
"Say no more"

In a few minutes, Blake was outside my apartment pounding hard at the door. Immediately I opened, he rushed to my side and pulled me into a hug holding my face between his hands as a sign of comfort. "Corrine, please help take her to the hospital. She's losing a lot of blood," I said as I pointed to where she lay. I saw the surprised look on Blake's face which he quickly masked to concern as he lifted Corrine off the ground. He easily carried her to his car and we rushed to Manheim Hospital which was within reach. Corrine was quickly rushed to the emergency room. I stood outside the door as Blake filled in the necessary paperwork. I couldn't express how I felt. My hands were shaking and I could not comprehend exactly what had happened for me to get into that mess.

"Hey," said Blake as he rhythmically rubbed my shoulders. He brought me back to reality as I watched the doctors work their magic on Corrine. "Are you cold?" He took off his jacket and attempted placing it on my shoulders but I stopped him.

"Keep it," I said turning away from him and quickly wiped the tear that fell from my left eye before he caught a glimpse of it.

He shrugged, "Champagne what's wrong?"

Probably in the nick of time, the doctor came out of the room and asked, "Are you the patient's relatives?"

"No," I said.

"Yes," said Blake and I simultaneously. I looked over at him. Yes? I caught his wink and I figured what he meant by that.

"What's the patient's name?" he asked. I looked at his coat. Dr Wilson M. D.

"Corrine Torres," answered Blake quickly.

"Well, Corrine lost a lot of blood so she needed a blood transfusion and she was lucky that we had her blood type at the bank and I'm sorry but she lost the baby."

"Baby? What baby?" asked Blake.

"Corrine was pregnant," I answered for him looking distant.

"Preg-what? When?" he asked seemingly surprised to have received the news.

"Oh please," I said rolling my eyes. How could Corrine not tell him that?

"Dr Wilson, will she need to stay for the night?" asked Blake.

"Yes. We need to observe her overnight and thereafter she'll be fine." I unfolded my arms and began to walk towards the exit.

"What are you talking about? I don't understand-"

"You don't understand? Corrine came with me to my apartment to ask for money which I did not understand why since she is rich and asked me to terminate my contract with you because she seems to have the idea that you and I are connected as more than just work related partners."