CHAPTER 21

*ARAMINA*

I dragged my suitcase slowly across the floor. I did not want to wake anyone especially Luther and Patricia. I was ashamed of what had happened with Oliver. If Luther asked I would just tell him that something came up at the company and I had to leave.

I could not even schedule a flight then. I was such a dumbass. I opened the front door only to find Oliver at the parking lot stacking his suitcase in a jeep wrangler. Wait, was that his car?

"Yes it is. What? Do I seem dirt poor to you?" I really should stop thinking out loud.

"No. I'm just shocked to see the extent of the relationship you had with Demi."

He shrugged as he leaned on the car. "Look, this car is not a handout. Nothing I have is. Demi and I were raised together and we have been close since then and as you can see, we have been really successful. The whole chauffeur thing was just an act for all of you."

"So you actually live here?" I asked folding my arms.

"Yeah. Technically I used to live in the main house with Demi but when you guys came to visit, I moved to the bungalow there," he said pointing to a beautiful bungalow a few metres away from the house.

I could not mask the shocked expression that showed on my face. "Wow. I can't believe she would kick you out just like that."

"She will come through, she always does."

"Have you done this before?" I asked.

"Done what?"

"Cheated on her?"

"What? No. Never. When I said that she always did I meant that forgiveness is one of her best qualities," he said opening the door to his red jeep wrangler.

"I don't believe you."

"I don't care," he smirked and made as if to enter the vehicle.

"You are such a jerk. Why did you even kiss me?"

"To confirm my suspicions"

"What suspicions?" I pressed on.

"Are you coming or not?" he asked boarding his jeep and opening the passenger's door for me. I really wanted to turn down his offer but honestly, I did not know where to go.

"Fine," I said settling my suitcase in the car and boarding it.

"We are in Los Angeles right?" I asked an idea coming to mind.

"Way to state the obvious captain duh," he rolled his eyes.

"I know of a place we could stay," I said smiling.

"So do I"

"You idiot just let me drive. I'm the one who knows the direction to the place!" I exclaimed.

"Yet I'm the one who's driving my car," he said.

"Oliver just stop hogging the steering wheel and let me drive"