CHAPTER 39

THREE WEEKS LATER :

*ARAMINA*

"I'm downstairs. Are you going to open the door for me or not?" I asked my brother over the phone. My mother called us the previous night to tell us that father wanted to speak to us and it was urgent. I braced myself because nothing ever really goes well when my father and I are involved. Well, mostly him. Since my parents were prim and proper, I had to dress officially to see them. The mood of the day seemed dull since early morning so I went with a black trouser suit and a dark brown pull neck. I grabbed my red handbag and went with red bottoms. On heading to the garage i could not quite tell which car to use so i went with Blake's white MK5 BMW supra.

I tapped impatiently on the steering wheel while humming to Moon River by Melissa Benoist. I was brought out of my thoughts by the weight in the car shifting as Damon took his place on the passenger's seat next to me. I glanced at him before looking at the road then glancing at him again.

"Whoa, sweet ride"

"Are you serious right now?"

"What?"

"Are you going to see our parents dressed like that?" I asked looking at the dark jeans and leather jacket he wore.

"Well what's wrong with this attire?" Oh jeez. I just rolled my eyes and ignited the engine. He did not know my parents like I did though I was not competing or anything but who could blame him? Besides, there was no time for him to change and punctuality meant the world to father.

After driving for about an hour and thirty minutes, we finally arrived in the massive automatic gates as the watch guard buzzed us in. The whole ride to there Damon argued with me about switching radio channels because apparently we did not have the same taste in music. He aggravated every fibre in my body but as annoying as he was I was happy to have a brother like him. We slowly drove for about fifteen minutes before arriving at the exquisite white mansion that screamed millions from the outside.

The keep of the grass sign was particularly standing out in its striking golden yellow colour. I turned off the engine and slowly took deep breaths. Who knew of the thunder that was about to strike? Oliver Cole had always been a direct figure caring less of what people felt or thought about him.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked as i fumbled with my fingers while he was ready to get out and noticed I was still glued to my seat.

"I'm taking my rings off captain obvious," I said feeling slightly empty when the rings lost contact with my finger.

"I think our parents have already caught up with your fling with Blake"

"Yes but they don't know I married him. Could you try to be a little more helpful with this situation?" I pleaded.

"Fine."

"It would also be great if you did not mention Blake or anything about his family in father's presence," I said strapping off the seat belt as we got out of the car heading to the house.

"Relax sis, I got your back," smiled Damon as he rang the doorbell. Moments later the butler opened the door for us with a towel draped on his left arm as he greeted us good morning with his spectacular Irish accent. He showed is to the living room where my father waited burying his face in the newspaper in hand while my mother stood to give us a warm welcome filled with hugs and kisses.