CHAPTER 48

Songs of the chapter;-

River of tears by Alessia Cara
Youngblood by 5 Seconds Of Summer

MONTHS LATER:

*ARAMINA*

I catch your scent in every wind
And I recall the love we had
I can't pretend that i don't miss you
Every now and then
But the hurt is for the better
Moving on it's now or never
Lost in the tide i can't keep my pillows dry
Like there's a sea in my eyes
I realise that sometimes life brings you flowers
Then it builds you coffins
And far too often
We end up falling to our demise

The banging at my bedroom door became louder by the second. I blew my nose then wiped my chin to rid myself of the excess tears that flew down my cheeks. I pulled the red and white duvet closer to my body as i threw the plastic cup that sat on my bedside table towards the door.

"Go away!" I cried to Damon who banged the door persistently.

"Aren't you going to feed Enza and Mel Mel?"

I shrugged and dug my head deeper onto the pillow. To be honest i did not feel like doing anything. Christmas passed and felt like just any other day and i was not as psyched as i thought my christmas would be earlier that year. Ever since we got to Toronto, Canada Damon and I had been busy at the company my father had here and became co owners with Heather Martin my late father's associate. I had to go on maternity leave obviously and ever since i did not want to get out of bed. Heather was kind enough to give me time since she was a mother like i was and understood the workload that i had with my twin babies.

What had me feeling sentimental that fateful morning was the fact that my father had come to me in a dream. We were having a picnic at a beautiful garden filled with different coloured roses and he talked to me all smiles cupping my hand in his. To be honest it was the happiest i thought i had ever seen him be. Telling me that he was proud of the woman i had become and that he was always watching over his family, moreover his grandchildren and that he had found peace warmed my heart in ways i never thought possible. I laughed at how ironic the fact that we got along in dreams and in his afterlife more than we ever did in his current life was.

I did not know why but i just felt lonely even with my beautiful family surrounding me. I had not gotten to know many people in the town, Scarborough, but i figured it would not be hard if i really tried my best of which i wasn't. I relaxed when Damon finally gave up and left the other side of the door on realising i was not letting my guard down. I remembered how annoying he was being the day i gave birth to my wonderful children.

......

"Damon? Damon?" I called throughout the house while i sat in my rocking chair as the smell of something burning struck my nostrils. One of the weird advantages of being pregnant is that one's nasal senses become high and well, we get the sixth sense most of the time. I shrugged putting my bookmark in place then standing carefully while holding my full belly with support from the windowsill.

I walked slowly to the kitchen and took the frying pan from the fire as i switched off the gas. Way to go big brother. I smacked my head while pouring its charred contents into the large cream coloured bin. Damon came in seconds later with his swimming trunks on and an orange towel draped over his shoulder. Orange is Blake's favourite colour. I shook my head ridding my subconscious of the thoughts before my emotions got the better of me. I had managed to keep them in check for a while and was not about to give in.