CHAPTER 8

I tossed and turned in my bed: well, Blake's bed. I switched on the lamplight and looked at the time in my phone. It was thirty minutes past two and I couldn't sleep. Don't get me wrong, the bed was comfortable and everything but I still couldn't bring myself to sleep. I decided to get to the kitchen and make myself some tea so i could sleep. I was sure Blake wouldn't mind and I would be as quiet as possible.

As I walked along the dark corridor, I got attracted to a shiny chain that was hung on the door knob of the room next to Blake's. Curiousity got the better of me and I held the door knob twisting it. Surprisingly the door opened and the immediate smell of paint strongly hit me. I switched on the light of the room and was shocked by the numerous paintings that I found. There was only one chair at the middle of the room and a stand which held painting equipment and another which held the actual paintings. One particular painting caught my eye and I looked closer at it. It was the painting of a young woman's face who seemed to be in her early twenties. I touched the painting slowly and continued to stare at it.

"What are you doing here? " the sound of his voice startled me.

"I just got up to get-"

"Get out. You shouldn't be here" he growled. This was a side to Blake I had never seen before.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to-"

"Get out before I get angry, " he snarled. I quickly moved past him and into the room he offered me. I later heard him shut the door with a loud bang.

******

I slowly walked down for breakfast later that morning. I was debating with myself for an hour on whether to go down and make breakfast or not. To be honest, I was a little embarrassed about what had happened earlier. I finally decided that it would be better if I went down eventually. I slowly cascaded down the stairway and into the downstairs room which I thought of to be the kitchen. Surprisingly I hadn't looked at the dining area before  walking straight ahead and hadn't noticed Blake there.

"Morning Champagne, "he said as the spoon he was holding clanked on the plate. So we were back to the nickname, that made me relax a little.

"Morning," I said giving him a small smile.

"Your breakfast is here, come sit," he nodded to the seat next to him. I wasn't sure of what to say to him. He was already done with his breakfast and was then watching me eat which I found weird but said nothing to. I didn't want to ruin whatever mood he was in. I finished my breakfast by taking three sips of orange juice that he left me on the table. I waited for him to break the awkward silence that was but he made no effort. Here goes...

"I thought you'd be mad about.. Earlier. "

"Why would I be? "

"I don't know, you seemed pretty angry."

"Did I scare you? " he chuckled looking at me in amusement. I'd hate to admit it but he looked so gorgeous. Where were these thoughts coming from? Relax Aramina... Relax.

"Can I ask who was in the painting? " I gulped. Maybe I was pushing it but I still wanted to know. I saw his features change and he took a while before answering, "Nobody."

He got up from the table and disappeared in the kitchen. Way to go Aramina. You ruined it. He came back after a while telling me to take a shower and I remembered that I had no clothes with me.