CHAPTER 29

*DETECTIVE BLAKE*

"Hello brother," said Luther which made me gag. I looked at his ride and whistled.

"Hmm, I see that life has been indeed treating you right. Oh wait, it never has! Where did you steal that car from?" I smirked walking towards my brother. I was disgusted by the mere thought of us being related that knowing it was actually real made me feel repulsed.

"Oh you know, my sister got it for me," he said spitefully.

"I forgot you only take handouts and have never actually had to work for anything-" He took a swing at me and thanks to my awfully fast reflexes, I caught his fist and twisted his arm to his back making him yelp in pain.

"The next time you try that again, I will make sure to knock all of your teeth out of your mouth smart ass," I hissed pushing him forcefully to his royal blue car of which he hit and fell hard on the ground.

"Ah!" He exclaimed being rather bipolar on whether to soothe his arm or abdomen. I made as if to get him up and punch his molars out but his voice stopped me. My father's voice; Eric Mendoza.

"Break it up boys! Honestly when are the two of you never fighting?" He asked walking towards us with a cigar in hand and two armed men behind him. Way to keep a low profile dad.

"He started it!" Luther exclaimed. He always wanted to be the better son, the loyal of us all but we both knew that I had always been and will always be father's favourite till the end of time.

"Now you're pointing fingers? You are such a cry baby," I scoffed then added, "When are you ever going to stop kissing father's ass?"

To watch Luther's vein pop at his cervical area always made me look forward to our father-son moments. Fueling his rage was always my favourite part of the day. With gritted teeth, he tried to take a swing at my legs but I was too fast for him and caught his right foot giving him a back breaker submission maneuver whereby I pulled his head backwards while I lay towards his right side with his legs caught between mine as I tugged at his legs and head with all I had. He struggled and writhed within my grasp which only made me tug harder.

"You are putting immense pressure on his spine stop it Rafael!" My father shouted and I hesitantly released him which made him grovel on the ground gasping for air and groaning with his hand to his back.

My father walked towards me with a smile etched on his face before punching hard making me bite myself. Quite hard I might add due to the odd taste of blood filling my mouth. I spat and looked towards him as he eyed me emotionless.

"Nothing makes a father prouder than to see his two sons working together! But nothing also makes them angrier than to see them rip each other apart. So I will not have you two fighting like a couple of pompous fools while we have better things to discuss!" He bellowed taking a puff from his thick brown cigar.

"What do you want from us this time?" I asked. Sure he had punched the shit out of me but that did not mean that I was going to shut up. Unlike Anton Karev Mendoza better known as Luther, I spoke my mind.

Anton and I were brothers from the same parents but we also had a sister. Fernanda Alcocer Mendoza was my twin sister. Anton was our elder brother but I seemed to be the mature and most sensible one of our siblings. Fernanda died in a terrible accident that was caused by, according to my father, Oliver Gabriel Cole. My father became the ruthless tycoon that he is to date and we had Oliver Cole to blame for that.