CHAPTER 2

I didn't like the place at first but it turns out it wasn't that bad. It was actually great to he honest. I was tired that fateful night and when i got to my apartment, i took a quick shower and went straight to sleep.

I remember my mom checking in on me and my progress at the company and i had no idea when i drifted off to sleep. I was woken up by a loud knock on my living room door and the word "POLICE!"came after it.

I looked at my phone. It was four in the morning. I groaned and got out of bed to open the door to their second knock. Wait did i just hear the word police?

The only light that illuminated the room was that of the corridor light. The lights from the police cars flashed red and blue to my living room making me very aware of my surroundings.

"Miss Aramina Cole?"asked one of the police officers. He was short and stout with a pointed nose. He was holding a notepad in his left hand and a pen in the other.

"Yes? " I croaked due to the sleep.

"You need to come with us to Villa Enterprises, " he said.

"Why? What happened? " i asked appalled.

"There was a break in at your company and we need you to come sort things out there with us," he said.

"What? Umm...okay, give me a few minutes to change and I'll meet you there," I said.

~°~°~°~°~°~°

It was around eight thirty in the morning and i sat in my office with my hands clasped thinking about the events of the previous night.

The thieves managed to steal an important project i was working on with the foreign investors. I felt very aggravated most especially since it was my third week of management. A soft knock on my door brought me back to reality.

"Come in," i said as the door slightly opened.

"Excuse me Miss Cole,"(I gave her a look) "sorry Aramina" (I smiled), "the detective and his crew are here to see you," said Alexis.

"Finally, it's about time. Send them in please," i said sitting up straight on my chair.

The door closed and shortly after opened and closed. I looked up from my files and was surprised. I had seen many detectives in my year and frankly this one impressed me.

He had short ruffled hair,stubble on his upper and lower chin,was relatively tall, broad shoulders, a shiny golden watch on his left wrist and was dressed in a fine black suit.

He walked towards my desk and offered himself a seat as he buttoned his coat. I raised my left eyebrow. "Detective Blake, I'm sure it's quite an honour to meet me,"he said arrogantly as he extended his right arm for me to greet.

I leaned forward and placed my hands on the desk.

"Mr Blake, couple of things, first; you knock before you grace me with your presence in my office, second; you wait for me to offer you a seat in my office and lastly you should show me some respect. All the things you did since you entered my office shows an absolute lack of etiquette, " i said very pissed.

He looked at me through his eyelashes then leaned forwards for a while.

"I don't think you taking champagne in your office given your position is etiquette now is it? " he asked raising a brow.

"I don't have to explain myself to you, " i barked.

"There is no excuse for that, " he said.

"You don't understand the gravity of this situation, " i said leaning back against my chair.

"I wouldn't understand unless you tell me, " he said.

"Let's just stick to the business that brought you here, shall we? " I said opening one of the files that were on my table.

"What's your name? "He asked.

Really?

"I thought we were sticking to the business that brought you here, " i said giving him direct eye contact.

"How will i be able to contact you if i don't know your name? Better yet,who will i address the information to?" he asked.

True.

I shrugged and pointed at the tag which bore my name. I wondered whether he didn't see it or just wanted to bother me.

"Champagne? " he asked.

"No, this! "I exclaimed as i clearly pointed at the tag.

"Miss Aramina Cole... Pretty, but I'd rather use Champagne, "he said.

"Champagne? No. Use my official name. So are we going to see this crime scene or not? "I asked him standing up.

"My dear Champagne, you are very impatient," he said as he stood.

"Detective Blake! I demand that you use official language in my office!" I exclaimed.

"You demand,i don't have to follow,"he said as he opened the door for me to pass.

I eyed him from the corner of my eye and caught the smirk that was playing at the corner of his lips. Unbelievable. I rolled my eyes and walked out with the files on my hand.

********

Will Aramina be able to handle the Detective?