CHAPTER 28

*ARAMINA*

I could not believe this. I was just fired. After putting in so much work into the company. After everything my father put me through he was just going to let me go just like that? After my zombie proposal. What the hell was happening? I took my phone and dialed my mother's number with my fingers pressing firmly on the screen.

"Mina darling, did you and Blake work things out?"

"Mother I'm not calling to talk about Blake"

"What's wrong sweetheart? Are you crying?"

"No mother. I promised myself that I will never shed a tear because of father again. I'm really trying so don't make this harder for me," I choked.

"Okay? Just breathe and tell me what happened"

"Father relieved me of my privileges as CEO of Villa. I no longer work here anymore"

"What?"

"Damon will be taking my place first thing tomorrow"

"Oh"

"OH? Is that all you have to say mother?" I was utterly surprised by her words and I sat up from my reclined seat. "Did you know about this?"

"He might have mentioned it but I was against it my darling. I care for you sweetheart. You are my baby"

"Yeah, Damon is not and surprisingly you are taking his side."

"There aren't any sides Mina. Your father is just trying to protect you"

"Protect me from what? Is there something I should know?"

"....no... I don't know... No"

"Mom, you hesitated which you never do which brings this matter to my absolute attention."

"I think you should just do as your father says-"

"You have been acting really weird lately. Is it because of me finding out about Damon?" I spun in my seat to face the window. The breeze flirted with the flowers lying next to the window before brushing softly across my face. My eyes fluttered closed momentarily distracting me from the phone call.

"What? No of course not."

"I just don't understand him mother. I knew long time ago that I shedding tears over matters did not exactly solve them especially when my father is involved. So I will leave."

"Leave? To where? Aramina don't make rash decisions. Emotions cloud judgement and I always told you that-"

"I am not going to fight father on this matter. We both know what would happen so I won't be childish. Damon will take over and I will look for a job somewhere else-"

"Mina no! Listen, I will talk to him. Can you just please come over so that we can talk about this over dinner with him?"

"No. I am not going to beg him mother. I am done. He said that he had already gotten what he wanted to get out of me. What do you think it meant mother?"