CHAPTER 16

The following morning I made sure to rise extra early because I wanted to catch the morning's episode of Grey's Anatomy before leaving. I had already packed the previous night hence it was easier to conduct my morning activities. As I fiddled with my toes while watching the episode, I felt a thrush of cold wind brush through my face and hair. I felt for the remote control to pause the television set and listened. Yup, that was definitely the thud of someone stamping on the floor. I felt under the seat and unzipped the bottom of the right cushion to take out my gun and slowly headed to the bedroom. I saw the tall figure dusting itself, from how it was dressed, his back to mine. I took this as a perfect chance to knock him down bringing his arm to his back as he yelled in pain while I held the gun to his head.

"Ah! Since when do you own a gun?" he asked. I knew that voice all too well. I put the gun down but still held his arm back as I asked, "What did I tell you about sneaking up on me?"

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to surprise you before you leave," he said. I released my grip and he stood to tower over me as usual. "I couldn't ask in front of Luther but are you leaving because of me?"

"No I'm not."

"For how long will you be gone? Will you come back?"

"Yes I will. I guess it's only until Wednesday or we could extend but I don't think-"

"We? What do you mean we? Luther's coming with you?"

"It's actually to his sister we're going to"

"Why are you going to see his sister? Why are you even involved in his family issues?" he bombarded.

"Honestly I don't know. He just told me. I couldn't refuse besides, after all he did to me, don't you think that I deserve to know everything about him?" The nod I received from him meant that he saw my point.

"Well fine. I hope that It'll be seeing his sister and nothing else,"he said getting closer to me.

"Of course. His daughter will be there too so you have nothing to worry about," I said looking up at him.

"I'm also really sorry about Corrine. I'll speak to her and clarify our issues"

"Whatever," I said slowly.

"I know I'm a mess but I'll make it up to you," he said intertwining our fingers after searching for my hand. He then leaned in slowly saying, "Don't make me wait too long."

"You shouldn't wait at all," I said. He smiled his usual cocky smile then met his lips to mine courageously and warmly owning them while pulling me closest to him adamantly. It was a relishing feeling as I pulled him down towards my height using my right hand while I tugged on the collar of his shirt making me want more and more. Being near the dressing table, he accidentally slipped on a bottle of perfume which I had no idea how it got to the floor and toppled to the bed. I knew I had to stop this even with my annoying subconscious repeatedly reminding me how wrong it was but I justified it all the same. He skillfully went to my neck and collarbone which made me shut my eyes in pure bliss. The way his tongue distracted me made me reconsider going on the trip. Being on his laps, in his arms was the fire that my body craved for. I remembered why I had to go on this trip which brought me back to my senses and I reluctantly pulled Blake from my face not wanting to end his sweet torture.