CHAPTER 11

*LUTHER*

I walked slowly towards my sort of grass thatched house and opened the weak door as I entered.

"Was that Aramina Cole with you outside? " asked April excitedly.

"Yes it was, " I said shrugged in my seat. I watched Trish sprawled on the floor next to her aunt April as she played with her new teddy bear.

"Why didn't you invite her in?" April asked.

"Because I didn't want to"

"What did she want? " asked my wife Joan. I sighed this time ashamed of what I had done and feared to tell them. They all looked at me expectantly like I was announcing the winner of the lottery.

"She had come to confront me"

"Confront you, why? " asked Joan.

"Because I have been stealing from her," I said as I rested my forehead on the palm of my hands.

"What? I cannot believe you" asked a shocked April. I heard a plate clatter on the floor of our kitchen as Joan suddenly fell silent.

"Is that where the money for my new shoes and clothes for Trish came from?" asked Joan.

"I had to Jess. I mean I could see how much we suffered and I wanted to help with the finances-"

"That's not an excuse Karev. I always work my butt off so that I can help you and Jess here. I visit you like four times a week and bring you food. How could you not be grateful for that? " asked April.

"I am April, but working as a waitress does not pay off as much considering that your salary is being lived off by three other people. I felt like I had to help besides, you look weary each time I see you."

"I just needed enough sleep Karev. You didn't have to worry about that plus, that's definitely not the way to help and you know that."

"Is she pressing charges?" asked Joan.

"No. Apparently I have a span of forty eight hours to give her reasons as to why I did what I did."

"Okay, this is what you are going to do Karev, you'll go to her office tomorrow and tell her the real truth. If she was kind enough not to press charges against you and she knew not of the reasons, then I'm sure that when she knows that won't change either," encouraged Joan.

"I just don't understand why you can't solve your issues with Demetria. She could really help us right now," said Joan.

"Absolutely not. I am not talking to her. I don't need to."

"I still don't understand what your feud is all about. What happened is all in the past now so just reconcile so that we can be a family again," soothed April as she touched my thigh.

"We are not going to talk about Demetria again April and that's it!" I exclaimed getting up from my almost broken seat and heading towards the other room. Well, it wasn't exactly a room but a corner with a bed and only a thin old white curtain separating it from the sitting room. Remind me again why I lived in total poverty when my sister was a celebrity?