CHAPTER 30

*ARAMINA*

After leaving my office, I drove to the book store and got at least thirty novels. I was a fast reader and was sure I would be done with them sooner than I expected. I loved romance novels but got a little of science fiction and thrillers. It was time to add a little something to what I read. After the bookstore I went shopping and got myself more of casual clothing since I was sure I would be dressed in that for a while. This sucked. My half brother did not get to just come and take things away from me.

The thought of fighting for my job crossed my mind not once while I drove. I had no idea what to do and needed advice. I needed to talk to someone. I felt used and pathetic as though I had been living someone else's life in my body. If I talked to Alexis, she would not have understood and most likely would have taken my father's side. April and Luther were in Los Angeles and my darling mother and brother were becoming the enemies. I then realised how few of friends I had since I had been so keen on living my father's life.

Was I all alone in this world? Was it too late to start over? I wanted to leave and go elsewhere, somewhere nobody knew of the Coles'. But where was that? Besides, I was still tied to this place by the memories I bore. Memories only hurt when one remembered about the past. All I wanted to do was scream and break stuff. My emotions were fueled by anger, fury and hurt. I did not realise for how long I had been driving until I set my eyes on the familiar neighbourhood; Blake's neighbourhood.

The gates opened on sensing my car and I went ahead to park it in the driveway. What was I doing? I did not wish to call him because I was not sure if I would have actually stayed. Oh who was I kidding of course I was going to stay. I rang the bell of the front door and waited for a few minutes to do it several more times. There was no answer which led me to go through the back door towards the pool. Luckily for me, the back door was open and I walked to the welcoming scenery of the wide pool that glimmered in the moonlight.

After walking round the pool for a while, I opened the door which led to the living room and headed to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. After several gulps, I washed the glass and wiped it, returning it back to its cabinet. I took my heels off when back at the pool and dipped my legs in the inviting water. I probably should have called Blake to notify him about my arrival but did not want to move from the comfortable position. I was sure he would not mind, or would he? With my friends and family turning on me, I was not sure of what to think any longer.

My head was buried deep in thought and was brought back to reality by the sound of the click of a gun. The eerie silence around made me scared and I contemplated on whether to hide in the water or face the danger ahead of me. Given my car in the driveway, the half closed translucent door and my bag on the seats next to the pool there was no way that I would pull off the hiding underwater thing. The intruder could also have been Detective Blake coming in to his house.

What did I care anyway? I had nothing to live for. I had no life of my own and I had never felt so unwanted in my life. Maybe this was the best day to meet my death. Is this how all people felt before dying? Did they know of their fate even before it happened to them? Was I a fucking psycho for thinking about these things? All I felt was numbness within me. I just could not feel, I did not want to feel. I plunged into the water on seeing shiny black shoes appear on the translucent doorway. If my life was going to end, it would be on my account and no one else's.

Seconds later I felt strong arms grip my own as I was pulled out of the water and placed to the side. I rid my face of the excess water using my palm trying to clear my vision.