CHAPTER 23

*ARAMINA*

Have you ever felt as if you are outside your body watching everything that was happening around you? Well it was sort of that way for me. I vaguely felt strong arms break my fall, holding tightly under my arms. I could not hear anything other than, "I am Doctor Derek Shepherd... Emergency contact.... Operating room... Internal bleeding.... Car accident"

"Aramina!" I was suddenly brought back to my senses by Damon's voice booming in my ear. I sat me against the kitchen wall bringing his body to my front and stared at me intently.

"Dam....Oliver.....he....is....car...car....acci.....dea..." I could not get a complete sentence from my mouth as a few tears escaped from my eyes which I was struggling hard for them not to fall. I just found out this dude was my brother and was not about to let him see me cry. Oops. I guess my tears had a mind of their own.

"Aramina relax. You are hyperventilating," he said emptying the contents of the brown bag at the counter and placing it over my mouth. I wrapped my fingers around the bag as I breathed into the bag while Damon/Oliver rubbed my back rhythmically.

"Hello? Aramina are you there?" My phone was still on and Doctor Shepherd was still speaking to it. Oliver picked the phone from the ground and I felt relieved that it was still intact.

"Hello?" Oliver spoke into the receiver.

"Um,yes I was talking to Aramina is she still around?"

"Wait,who is this?"

"I am Doctor Derek Shepherd. I called to tell her about her friend"

"Well she can't come to the phone right now. She is recovering from a panic attack"

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Will she be able to get here?" Derek's question earned a nod from me.

"Yes she will tomorrow because she is out of range as per now"

"Okay then. I will be sure to inform him when he wakes up."

"Thank you doctor Shepherd." Who knew my half brother could be courteous?

"You are welcome."

By the time the phone call was over I had already calmed down.

"What was the doctor talking about?" Oliver asked.

"A friend of mine got into a car accident and he called me to inform me of the unfortunate occurrence. He asked if I could get to the hospital," I said sniffling.

"Why did he call you?"

"I was listed as his emergency contact."

"Your friend you say?" he asked winking.

"Grow up dumbass," I said rolling my eyes.

"Aramina, you had a panic attack in our kitchen and you cried. How good of a friend is he?" he persisted.

"We are friends.. Sort of friends? We have kissed severally."

"Oulala," cooed Damon which made me kick his knee softly.

"Ow," he said grasping his knee as if it actually hurt.