Undercover

"No."

"Allen, we really need you to. You're the only one who can pull it off." 

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

Singh narrowed his eyes at Barry.

"Allen..."

"No."

Singh threw his arms up in the air in frustration. 

"West!" He called.

Joe came in, "Yes?"

He tossed his hands in the direction of the uncooperative CSI.

Joe sighed, "Please Bar. It'll be a huge help. And it'll make this whole thing go faster."

"But you really don't need me." Barry argued, "You can send someone else, to pose as a teacher or something."

"Kids aren't gonna open up to a teacher about drugs." Joe said.

Barry huffed.

"Bar. Kids have died from overdosing on this drug. Do you really want anyone else to die? Especially when you could've helped stop it?" Joe asked, pulling the winning card.

Barry glared at Joe.

"You're despicable."

He turned to Singh, "I'll do it."

Singh bit back a smile. "Great. Thanks Allen."

Barry rounded on Joe, "You owe me big time for this."

Joe just smiled. 

Barry backed out of the office, "Big time."

Once Barry was gone, Joe laughed and Singh let his smile show through. 

"Well done Joe." Singh said. 

"Yeah, you just need to know which buttons to push, and you can get Barry to do almost anything." Joe said. He grinned, "And I know just what buttons to push."

"I need help making his schedule." Singh said. "I don't know what classes to put him in."

"Oh I can take care of that." Joe assured. "Better question though, what's his undercover name?"

"Feel free to go ask him. I do need it by the end of the day though." Singh said.

"I can give you one now." Joe offered. "How about Sebastian.... Smythe."

"You know Barry's gonna get you back for this, right?" Singh asked with a grin.

"Yeah. But it'll so be worth it."

***** LATER THAT DAY *****

"Here's your schedule Barry. Or should I say Sebastian." Joe said, handing Barry a piece of paper.

Barry looked at Joe funny and grabbed the paper. "Sebastian Smythe? Seriously? Did I not get a say in what my name would be?" 

Joe shook his head and laughed, "Nope."

Barry read over his schedule, "Glee? Interior Design? Sex Ed!? I'm gonna kill you Joe."

Joe started cracking up.

"Not funny Joe. Really? You're already making me go back to high school, why couldn't you give me a better schedule?"

Joe continued to laugh.

"Oh you're enjoying this, aren't you. I promise, Joe, I will get you back for this. And when I do, you're gonna wish you'd been nicer." Barry said, throwing the paper on his lab desk.

"Hey, Singh helped too," Joe said.

"Mhm."

Barry shook his head and walked away. "Unbelievable," he muttered.

***** LINE BREAK *****

"What the hell!?" Joe yelled, snagging the picture of him dressed as a princess off the wall. He remembered that picture. Iris was six, and she insisted that her dad dress up as a princess with her. So he put on a hot pink tutu, a pink feather boa, and a fuzzy pink tiara, completed with a fairy wand and bright lipstick.

Several officers snickered. Singh was in the doorway of his office, grinning. 

"Who the hell did this?" Joe shouted.

"Who do you think Joe?" 

Joe turned and saw Barry, casually leaning against the wall with a smug smile on his face. 

"It took a lot of searching to find that picture. And have fun finding all the copies I've put around the precinct." Barry said.

"Why you... Why?"

"Ah Joe. I did warn you, that you should have been nicer, and that I'd get you back for that one particular undercover case. You remember don't you? The one about seven months ago, where I had to go back to high school. And you had the audacity to name me Sebastian, put me in Glee, Interior Design, and Sex Ed.

Joe remembered. He had gotten a kick out of that. And he really didn't think that Barry would do anything really bad, despite the kid's persistence that he would get him back. He had nearly forgotten, since it had been a good seven months since that case was completed. Barry had been patient. He had loved teasing Barry about the whole situation he put him in, but now that was coming to bite him in the butt.

He looked back down at the humiliating picture. How many of these were around the precinct? He didn't want to know.

Barry walked up to him and snatched the picture. He placed it back on the wall. "Have fun finding all the princess Joe's." 

He smirked and walked away, leaving Joe to rip the picture off the wall again, and promise himself to never underestimate Barry's ability to get revenge ever again.

**********

A/N- OK. I had fun writing this one. 

I got the idea for the payback on Joe from Lethal Weapon. Don't remember which one. Number 3 I think? Don't know. But it's the one where Murtaugh distracts the arsonist by stripping to underwear (that has hearts) and going out waving his arms like a chicken. And then Riggs puts the picture of him like that up at the station. Loved that. 

Anyway, hope y'all liked it! Love y'all! :)