Vanessa Part 1

IMPORTANT A/N- This is a little 'A Mother's Nightmare' and Flash crossover, where Barry is Chris. If you haven't seen AMN, here's a little synopsis: Chris Stewart (Grant Gustin) started dating a psychopathic girl, Vanessa Redlynn (Jessica Lowndes) who murders her boyfriends and makes it look like suicide. After trying to end his relationship with her, Vanessa makes Chris' life a living hell and almost kills him. But he survives. So... here's the story.

This takes place before Barry becomes the Flash.

*************

Barry's day was a pretty normal day. And pretty boring.

He sighed as he waited for numerous tests to finish. He didn't have much to do and it was almost lunchtime, so he was rather hungry. 

He sighed again, "bored bored bored bored bored..." One of the tests beeped, interrupting his series of 'bored'. "Alright," he said. 

After a grand total of fifteen minutes, he finished the case files he was working on. 

"Sweet," Barry said to himself, "Now I can go eat." He thought for a second, "After I bring these to the captain."

So he made his way down the stairs to the captain's office. He knocked.

"Come in."

"Hey Captain Singh," Barry said. "I finished these case files and I was heading out to lunch."

He set the files down. Singh looked up, "Nice Allen. Here's one more for you to do later."

"Thanks." Barry said. He left for lunch. 

While he was eating though, he got a phone call from Joe. "Hey Joe. What's up?"

"Hey Bar. We need you at the pet clinic on 5th. There's been a suicide?"

"Why did you say it with a question?"

"Just get here."

"Okay. I'm on my way." Barry hung up and hailed a taxi to the clinic.

He got there and hustled inside. Joe handed him his case. "Hey Bar. The body's that way."

"So what happened?" Barry asked.

"Well," Joe said, "It's an apparent suicide. The victim hung himself."

Barry cringed. "Do you think it's something else? A murder?"

"It could be." Joe said, "I talked to the man's mother, and she said that she never would've thought he'd do something like this. He's 19, and was a very good student, so it just doesn't make that much sense."

"Hm." Barry hummed. "I'll look into it."

After he was finished at the crime scene, Barry wasn't that hungry anymore, so he went back to his lab.

Barry sat and rubbed his neck. He felt like this case was familiar somehow, he just couldn't place it. He frowned and looked up the victim.

Jason Cooper. Star athlete for CC High school. Set three records in track. Lived with his mother, father, and younger sisters. Barry found a picture of him. Tall, lean, and muscular. He had brown hair and blue eyes. 

Barry shook his head. He needed to talk to Singh about this. Something wasn't adding up.

He made his way to the Captain. 

"Hey Captain Singh." Barry said.

"Do you need something Allen?" Singh asked, slightly annoyed.

"I wanted to speak with you about the suicide from earlier today." Barry said.