Chapter 54: The Day (Pt 1)

--James' POV--

      Today is the day.

      Last night was amazing. Allison was really little and wanted constant cuddles and any time nobody was touching her at all she would whine. She's such a clingy little girl, especially when she slips into a small head space.

      We colored in some princess coloring books, Kyle saying the whole time that she was prettier than any of the princesses she was coloring. I helped in Allison's coloring book while Kyle colored in his own. After about an hour, Allison started yawning constantly. It got to a point that her eyes were watering and I knew we would need to get her to bed.

      I told her that we were going to go take a bubble bath and she got pretty excited. We both got into the bath and she could barely keep her eyes open. The vanilla scented bubbles, the warm water, and just the pure exhaustion from being on a plane made her very sleepy. She didn't even play with any of the bath toys. She just leaned against my chest and let her hands lightly push around the bubbles as she slowly fell asleep.

      "I weally love you Daddy..." She said right before she drifted off to sleep.

      So that's how last night went. It was perfect and amazing and just what we needed after that hard day.

      Now for today.

      It's 9:00 am and I woke up at 6:30 this morning. I haven't gotten out of bed. I haven't tried to go back to sleep. I haven't done anything. I've just laid in bed with Allison cuddled up next to me, trying not to think too hard.

      Today I have to just finish it. I have to get it over with. I just have to. It'll haunt me forever if I don't.

      "James are you awake?" Allison says as her eyes flutter open.

      Her hands go to rub her eyes but I stop them and she smiles, remembering that it's bad for her eyes. Then she just looks up at me, resting her chin on my chest.

      "I'm wide awake sweetie. How are you?"

      "Good, kinda hungry...can we have breakfast pleaseeee!" She says giggling as she pushes the covers off of her and begins bouncing on her knees.

      "Someone's eager to get the day started" I say giving her a look that just makes her laugh more.

      We decide to get dressed before going downstairs and I text Macy and see if she'd be willing to make us some granola and yogurt bowls. She agrees and tells me I didn't need to ask and all I needed to do was tell her what to make, and I just roll my eyes.

      Allison puts on a grey cropped hoodie with rips in the sleeves and finds a super old pair of my black sweatpants that are small enough that she only has to roll them like two times. This makes her very excited and I just laugh at her.

      I just throw on some jeans and an army green crew neck sweatshirt and then we both head downstairs. Allison is a night and day difference from last night. She's not in a small head space, but that might be good since she'll be with Macy and Jeremy all day.

      And that's something I haven't shared with her yet...but she's in such a good mood. How can I just ruin that?

      "Today the day?" Kyle whispers to me after we walk in to the dining room.

      "Yeah, it has to be. It's only been one night and I already can't sleep...but how do I tell Allison?"

      "You just have to say something man, it'll be alright. I know it's hard but it'll all be fine."

      "Why are you always right?" I ask laughing as we both sit at the table with everyone else.

      We eat our breakfast and  towards the middle I ask something that makes Allison visibly upset.

      "So baby, how would you feel about spending the day with Macy and Jeremy? You guys can go get ice cream or something fun!" I say trying to sound happy and excited.

      "You're doing it today." She says bluntly with no emotion.

      "Baby...yeah we are. I'm so sorry..."

      "I want to see them. Before they're gone forever. They're weak right now...maybe they'll finally listen to me..."

      All she wants is closure. She wants them to understand her...and I get it. Those are the people she grew up with. She lived over half of her life around them. Even though she hates them with her entire being...she wants them to feel something.

      Just like how she wanted her dad to feel in Vegas, but now he might actually listen. He might hear her.

      "Okay baby, but if it gets too hard you need to leave. I'm not kidding Allison, if they are mean or if they disrespect you, you're leaving. Deal?"

      "Deal. I don't wanna be there if they're mean anyways. I just need to talk to them..."

      So, we finish the meal in silence. Nobody is upset, but nobody has anything to say. Today's going to be a weird day.

      "Can we go outside James?" Allison asks me as we begin to clean up. 

      I smile and nod, then grab her hand and lead her to the front porch.

      "I don't want you to hate me for this James. I know you want me to be safe and stay away from them, and I honestly do too. But there's just something inside of me that needs them to understand me."

      "I get it baby girl. And I promise I won't hate you. I love you no matter what sweetie. We're in this together no matter what."

      She smiles and jumps into my arms. I kiss her cheek as she cuddles into me and we head back inside.

      Today is the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey everyone. I am so so so so sorry for the long wait. I took quite a few weeks going to online therapy, getting closer with myself and my family, and trying to better my mental health. 

I was in a very dark place and I am happy to say that I'm so much better. Thanks for everyone who has stuck with me and I genuinely love all of you. More chapters soon to come and I have some really cool ideas that I think you will all love.

See you next time in.....Saved from Master!!!!