Chapter 17: Just Helping a Friend

--James' POV--

      The manager of Magnar Inc. called me to let me know that one of our largest sponsors had shown up for a meeting. Why? I have no clue. 

      His name is Harold Kable and he is the one person that could probably put me out of business if he tried hard enough, so I have to make him happy. I HAVE too. Luckily, he's a nice enough guy. He has blonde hair and hazel eyes. He's tall, but not as tall as me, with a similar build to mine. He obviously works out a decent amount, which intimidates people sometimes.

      The meeting goes well. He apologized for it being short notice, and I did the same for being late. He was really understanding about it all, luckily, and said it was his fault. Even so, I still feel bad for making him late because he has just as much work to do as I do. The meeting ends and I go back to my office to get Allison from where I left her so I could have my meeting. It's around 4:30 and I want to just take her home, which was my plan. I say was because when I walk into my office Kyle is sitting and talking to Allison, and there is a huge stack of papers on my desk.

      "Hey man, sorry to bug you at work but some stuff HAS to be filled out as soon as possible. We don't need to bring the papers until the morning, but I figured I should bring them to you now."

      "It's fine, thank yo-" I'm cut off as Kyle's phone rings.

      He answers it and mouths sorry  to me. When he finishes the call, he collapses onto the couch.

      "I'm broke." Is all he says. Completely void of emotion.

      "What? What the hell do you mean you're broke?"

      "All of my accounts were still in my dads name. He called today because he was drunk and was pissed at me for some reason. So, I guess he was actually pissed off enough to act on it."

      "What? How could he just do that?"

      "I wanted to change the name on the account, but the bank we're at makes both people sign the dumb fucking papers, and guess who didn't want too...how the fuck am I going to pay rent?"

      I look over at Allison and she seems sad for Kyle. All of a sudden, her face lights up and she jolts out of her seat to run over to me.

      "Daddy, Daddy!" she whisper yells while tugging my shirt down, "can Kyle stay in one of the bedrooms at the house? There are so many! He can be like our roommate!"

      She feels comfortable with this? What did Kyle do to this girl, and how? She doesn't seem like she is very fond of new people and being around them. She's really only know Kyle for about one day and is already good with him staying in our house. I mean, Kyle is welcome at any time, and he knows that. It just makes me happy that Allison like him too.

      "Of course sweetie, why don't you go ask him if he wants too stay with us."

      "Okay!" she says and then runs over to Kyle just to plop on the couch next to him, completely invading his personal space, "Kyle-dile, do you want to stay in our house?"

      Sh-she called it our house...ours. She really likes it with me. I mean, she must. I'm so happy that she's comfortable around all of the people that I love. It makes my heart happy. It makes my heart completely full with pure joy.

      "A-are you sure? I know James is, but I don't want to overwhelm you Ally cat."

      "Of course I'm sure! You're like my best friend. Actually, you ARE my best friend, just don't tell Jeremy or Macy. I don't want to hurt their feelings."