Chapter 34: Reteaching

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, before reading this chapter I want to put a warning. There will be very tough topics in this chapter and if you are affected by anything including sexual assault, physical abuse, or abusive relationships of any kind, I would recommend skipping this chapter or reading with caution. I have no intention of hurting anyone with this book, so I wanted to put a warning here for anyone who could be affected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Allison's POV--

      Dustin continues driving down the road bringing me to Andrew. Based on the scenery, I think we're going to his house. Of course we are. Why wouldn't we be.

      I feel my mind wander to all the amazing times I've had with James. It's only been a few months, but they have been the best few months of my life. I can already imagine spending my life with James...no...no I can't.

      I can't do this. I can't give myself any hope. James isn't going to find me because this is keeping him safe. This is going to keep him alive and well for the rest of his life because all Andrew wants is me. Once he gets me he'll leave everyone alone.

      "Stop daydreaming and get out of the car." Dustin says with no remorse in his voice at all.

      I must've gotten so distracted in my head that I didn't realize that we arrived at my new nightmare. Dustin is standing with my door open and he doesn't wait 5 seconds before yanking me out of the car. Luckily he gave me enough time to get my seat belt off, but not any time to do any more thinking. That's probably for the best, thinking is what I have to stop doing or I may not be able to go through with the plan.

      Dustin walks me to the front door and puts a key that he had been carrying in his hand into the lock and then opens the door. He pulls me inside and I almost fall over because I'm completely frozen. I can't feel my legs, my arms, I can't even feel my own head. Everything, every memory, every ounce of pain, every lesson I was taught, it is all coming back to me.

      "Come on, I really don't have time for this. I need to get Andrew from out of his damn bedroom so he can come see you. Lets. Go."

      "Can I ask you something? Please, and then I'll shut up. I'll be absolutely silent, I won't mutter one word, I won't speak unless spoken to. Just answer one question for me."

      "Fine, what? What could it possibly be?" Dustin replies obviously annoyed.

      "Why? Why did you pretend to be someone I could trust? You must've known how horrible it would make me feel since you know everything about my life, so why? Just tell me why."

      "I-I-I" Is all he says before leaving the living room, presumably to go and find Andrew.

      He couldn't even answer my question. He couldn't tell me why he would do this to me. He couldn't do it, and it just proves that he shouldn't have done it. He shouldn't have betrayed Jam- him and I.

      "Well, well, well, look who we have here. Where's Magnar, I figured him and I were going to be having a little chat."

      I stand there in silence and shock for a few seconds before I remember a lesson, always answer in a timely manner. I flinch, thinking he will hit me for not answering, but then become completely still again remembering another lesson, never make sudden or harsh movements.

      "H-H-H-He doesn't k-know I'm here...I-I-I don't want anyo-one to get hurt. Please don't h-hurt them..." I finally manage to stutter out.

      "Hmm, I think you've forgotten some of your lessons. That's not good is it?"