Chapter 16: What Did I Get Myself Into

--James' POV--

      Allison is still fast asleep on the couch, with a smile on her face. She's happy.

      Now, for more work. But now it's the important stuff. The stuff that I have been just waiting to start...

      "Kyle can you bring Dustin in here please?"

      "Sure thing...boss." He says with a smirk and then winks at me. Dumb Kyle.

      I chuckle at his childish smirk as he walks out the door. He never calls me boss unless there are other people in the room or he's messing with me. Not five minutes later Kyle leads Dustin into the room. He's the head of intelligence and security of the entire operation and he has been doing a job for me recently. A job that not even Kyle knows about.

      "Hi boss, you needed me?"

      "Yeah, oh and Kyle..."

      "Yeah?"

      "Can you go make sure Sandra left and then check in with Nick about the stats from the last mission?"

      "Sure thing, I'll be back." And with that he leaves me with Dustin and a sleeping Allison.

      I see Dustin look over at Allison and smile a warm smile that shows no sign of disgust. This is why I like Dustin, and why I trust Dustin. He sees me looking over at him and it looks like he gets nervous. I just smile and it makes the tension in his shoulders relieve slightly as he smiles back at me,

      "She's really cute, sir." He says while continuing to smile looks back over to her.

      "I know, she's perfect..." I say, then realize why I actually called in Dustin, "Anyway, I needed to talk to you."

      "Of course sir, have I done something?"

      "No, no of course not. I have someone I need you to find for me, do you think you can do it without anyone else finding out?"

      "Yes sir, I should be able to find anyone no problem. And nobody will find out...so who am I looking for?"

      "His name is Andrew Cadrick..."

      "Cadrick? Really sir?"

      "Yes. He has done some...let's just say that he did some unforgivable things to me and someone close to me. Can you find him?"

      "I will try my best, but he might be more difficult and take a little more time sir. He probably knows how to hide from us since he's been on the inside..."

      "And I expected that, but if you could just try. Please Dustin." I know it's bad for me to be begging one of my employees, but I'm desperate.

      Dustin is the best at this kind of stuff, and I want to find Cadrick. No, I NEED to find Cadrick. If Kyle finds out he's going to somehow convince me that it's a bad idea and that I shouldn't find him. But I can't just let him get away with what he did. He isn't dumb, he probably ran away from his house when I left with Allison and went into hiding. I just hope Dustin can find him.

      "I will do my best sir, I promise."

      With that, I nod for him to leave. Not even five minutes later Kyle walks back in with 2 coffees and a water. He's wearing a smirk on his face like he knows something. This man has so many different kinds of smirks that it's hard to keep all of them straight. But this one is very specific. Almost too specific...

      "You know..."Kyle starts after placing all of the drinks on the coffee table and then walking towards me, "If you wanted to take Cadrick down, all you had to do was ask me to help."