Chapter 26: He's Back

--Allison's POV--

      I wake up in a strange room. No, it's not just any room. I've been here before, it's so familiar. I'm sitting in a corner, well, actually I'm kneeling in a corner, with my head barely touching the wall in front of me. My hands are clamped together behind my back and my chin is all the way down. My position. In my corner. In Master's living room.

      All of a sudden I hear heavy footsteps come from behind me. It must be Master. Who else could it be? Nobody can save me from him, not now. Not when he is right behind me, and not when I'm in his house. Not even James can save me from this.

      "Well, well, well," Says Master shockingly close to my ear making me jump, but immediately regret it once I am slapped in the face, "What do we have here? A little girl who seems to have forgotten her manners...hasn't she?"

      "N-no Master...I-I haven't f-for-forgotten." I manage to stutter out through the fear that is taking over.

      "I think you have, I think you need to be retaught all the lessons we covered when you first got here..."

      Oh no. No, no, no. Those were the worst 5 weeks of my life. I just remember his basement which is full of horrible, dreadful items that are meant to harm a person. Whips, chains, metal clamps and wrenches, canes, and so many things I don't even know the name of. In the middle of the room is where I was kept for the entire 5 weeks that I was down in the place I call hell.

      I was hung on this wooden X shaped thing in the middle of the room. There were handcuffs and ankle cuffs on each leg of the X, which is where I was attached. I didn't feel the floor for 5 whole weeks. I didn't walk for 5 whole weeks. 

      He would feed me the few meals I got by throwing food at me and I would just hope I could catch some of it. I had no source of warmth, being completely naked in the freezing cold basement. After the second week I just wished for death, but it never came. All that came was torture and the rules being engraved into my head.

      I can't go through that again. I can't. I have James now and if I go thro- oh my gosh. I have James. Where is he? He has to find me. He won't let this happen to me again, I just know it.

      "JAMES!! JAMES PLEASE HEL-" I am muffled my Master's filthy hand covering my mouth and him hitting me multiple times in the back with something extremely hard, making me wince.

      All of a sudden, he starts laughing at me, "Y-you really think he's going to come look for you? H-he's happy to have you out of his life," He says in between his horrible laughter, "He was just holding you for me so I could have some things...renovated..."

      J-James...h-he what? I feel every ounce of defiance leave my body all at once. I can't believe he would do that to me...it's actually, seriously unbelievable. Like, I don't believe this at all. James loves me...he wouldn't do all that he's done for me just to throw it away. That's not who he is, it's not the James I love.

      All of a sudden I realize that Master is carrying me to the basement and I freeze in fear. Oh no, why is this happening to me?

      Once we arrive he basically throws me on the floor and tells me to look up at him, "I know you remember this room you little slut, it's one of my favorites. But, with the new renovations, we had to get rid of your little room. It's okay though because this can be your bed and I'll make sure to tuck you in every night..." He ends with a satisfied smirk placing his hand on the scary X that held me for 5 weeks, still stained with my own blood.

      I can't do what I did for those 5 weeks everyday. There is no way that will happen and allow me to survive for more than a year. I'm so lost in my thoughts it's too late to get away when Master begins to buckle my ankles and wrists to the X. I squirm, but that only gets my face slapped a few times. Good girls don't squirm.

      Master chooses his favorite weapon, a metal cane like pole that he loves to hit me with. I tense every muscle in my body, preparing for the first hit that never comes.

      "Hey, hey, I'm right here baby girl. It's me, it's James. Nobody is going to hurt you, please wake up, please. I know you're scared but you need to wake up now."

      It's James. I open my eyes and I'm lying on the living room couch with James hovering over me and a worried look plastered on his face. I sit up suddenly and look around the room. It's our house. We are in our living room. Master is nowhere to be found.

      "B-but he was...and then he...and you..." I mutter out saying complete nonsense.

      "Look, I don't know what happened and you don't have to tell me but nothing can get you now. I'm here and I'm never leaving. Never ever."

      He puts his arms around me and I inhale his comforting scent. It instantly relaxes me and reassures me that there is no harm coming my way while he is here. We hold each other for an eternity, making sure that we both know we are here for each other. The unspoken words explain themselves perfectly, better than any true words could have in this moment.

      "It's only 4:00 we should probably get some more sleep baby girl, if you're okay to do that. Then we can do something really special tomorrow."

      "James it's your birthday weekend!" I say, remembering that it's now Saturday morning. Very early Saturday morning, but Saturday morning nonetheless.

      "Sweetie, Sunday is my birthday. We don't need to celebrate 'till then bec-"

      "But Daddy, you do so much for me all the time you deserve a full weekend, or at lease 2 days. I honestly would love to make it your birthday week but I don't think you would let me..." I say giggling at the last part knowing it is completely true.

      "You're definitely right baby girl, I would not let you do a week. But, I will let you do 2 days if it makes you happy."

      "That makes me very happy Daddy, because you deserve it."

      "All I want is for you to be happy..."

      "And that's what I wa-" I'm cut off by a pretty large yawn making James chuckle, "It's what I wan't for you too Daddy."

      "Well thank you baby but I think someone needs to get some more sleep. Do you want to go up to the bed?"

      "Nah, lets just stay here Daddy, it's actually really comfy." I say laying back down with James following my lead.

      "I agree baby, I agree." 

      I snuggle close into his chest and continue to inhale his mesmerizing scent. I don't know when I fall asleep, but I eventually do. Before sleep completely takes over, however, I hear James sleepily whisper I love you and I return the gesture with I love you too

--James' POV--

      Allison drifts off to sleep and my mind wanders again.

      She's doing so well. I know healing takes time and it won't happen overnight. She'll have good days and bad days. Sunny days and rainy days. And I just have to be here to help her through them all one step at a time.

      I hope these nightmares don't keep coming back. They always scare her so much and I hate seeing her so vulnerable in such a horrible way. Her being vulnerable with me, and her being vulnerable with whatever is scaring her so badly in her dreams is two different things. I want her to be able to feel vulnerable with me. I want her to be open and want to share everything with me, but I don't want her to feel vulnerable while being scared by someone else.

      She's so comfortable with me and it makes her more comfortable. I can't loose that. If I do I'll loose part of myself. I hope these nightmares become less and less frequent, but even if they don't I'll be here for her.

      Maybe once I get rid of Andrew once and for all she'll be able to heal faster. I know these nightmares are about him. What her father did was horrible, but she always thought it was normal. That's completely horrible, but it's her reality and what Andrew did, in her eyes, was way worse.

      But no matter what they're both going to pay.