Chapter 36: Rescue Mission

--James' POV--

      Right when I park my car I unbuckle my seat belt and try to immediately jump out.

      Keyword there...try. Kyle reaches out and grabs my shoulder, scaring me a little if I'm being honest,

      "What the fuck are you doing? Do you not know why we're here...to save Allison. Let's fucking go man!" I yell having no filter. I need to save her from this horrible, horrible man. Now.

      "Alright, this is exactly why I'm stopping you. Calm yourself down...now. You will scare her and that's not something we need right now. Take a breath, and you can take out your anger on Cadrick once we get him. Allison is the priority here James and you're in a bad place, which is understandable, but you just need to help her first."

      I take his advice and breath...for Allison.

      "Thanks...I'm really sorry for yelling at you Kyle. That was wrong."

      "I didn't take it to heart. You're stressed and scared, and I am too. I love Allison too, she's like my sister and I'm scared for her. Let's go get her."

      We both get out of the car and I give him a nod, and he returns the gesture. We walk over to Oliver's car and he is putting a variety of things in his belt. I see a gun, pepper spray, a baton, a taser, and also 2 pairs of handcuffs. There are some other things in his belt as well, but I can't tell exactly what they are.

      He finally exits his car and gives me a sympathetic smile, which I take in and appreciate. Here we go...time to save my precious baby girl.

      Oliver breaks down the door and I am met with a sight I will never forget. Andrew is shirtless, but his shirt is in his hands. Completely covered in blood. And that's definitely not his blood. Dustin walks up the stairs just as the door breaks down, and I can see the pure shock on his face. He's scared shitless of us because he knows he fucked up. He really did.

      Andrew just smirks at us. He has the fucking audacity to smirk at me right now? I'm getting mad again but I just remember what Kyle said. Stay calm...for Allison. For Allison. For Allison. 

      "Where is she Cadrick?" 

      "Hmm? Where is who?" He says in a completely mocking tone just trying to make me mad. Stay calm James. For Allison.

      "You know who I'm looking for. I'm not playing games Cadrick, where is she?"

      "Oh, he probably wants to see her so he knows she's actually here and he can get the information boss. It makes perfect sense to me, I can go grab her quick if you want me too..." Dustin says giving all of us a look as if he is telling us a secret.

      That's when it clicks. Is he actually helping us? This is crazy...I think he wants to get Andrew to tell me the secret he knows about and then I can take Allison home? Is that crazy? I look at Kyle and I think he figured out the same thing because he nods at me. Why is Dustin helping us all of a sudden?

      "Hmm, is that true? Or is he overthinking this?"

      Without even looking over at Dustin I know my answer, "It's true. I have to make sure the delivery arrived properly. You know my business Cadrick, and I get mad easily when people don't cooperate with me. You should know better than anyone."

      "So what's the cop for?"

      "Simply to make sure a deal actually happens here today Cadrick. Then we can both go our separate ways."

      "Go grab the bitch Dustin. And don't bother cleaning her up anymore...they should see her as she is for this...deal."

      He's obviously testing me. The whole story started rough but I think it's starting to be more believable by the second. At least I hope it is because it's really my only option, but I'm more worried about Allison than some dumb information that Cadrick has for me. If I break character, I break character and leave with Allison. No matter what she's coming with me. I don't care if I have to kill someone to do it.