Chapter 14: Want to Join Me?

--James' POV--

      Yesterday. Was. Amazing.

      I've never had a better day in my entire life. I love my jobs, even if they are hard sometimes. Magnar Inc. is at a point where it can almost run itself with me only coming in only one day a week. The thing that needs help is the Cattivi Ragazzi mafia which I run. And, when I say I run it, I mean that nothing happens without my final approval. Nothing. Nobody presses send on an email before checking with me first. Nobody goes anywhere without my approval. It's all through me, which is why I have to go in today. I haven't been there for three days and things are going crazy. I got texts and calls all day yesterday, so I had to occupy Allison with coloring and movies.

     Other than that, yesterday was perfect. Allison just makes my life better, and I can tell that I have the same effect on her. Which is why I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave my precious baby girl.

      My alarm sounds at 5:00 am. No, it doesn't sound. It screams. So. Fucking. Loud. I swear if this wakes Allison up I'll literall-

      "What's going on Daddy?"

      A small voice mumbles on my chest. Damn it. Saying goodbye is going to be so much harder than just leaving with her sound asleep.

      "I'm so sorry sweetie, it was my alarm. Daddy has to go get ready for work." I say in my deep morning voice.

      "Y-you have to le-leave? Why?"

      "Aww baby please don't think I'm leaving you. I just have to go do...well...I have to go do some important Daddy work."

      This makes her giggle, which gives me a moment of relief. Maybe I can convince her that I have to do something secret? Maybe. It's a big maybe.

      "Can I get up to shower baby girl?"

      "You should've showered last night like I did Daddy." Allison says while nuzzling more into my chest rather than moving so I can get up.

      Stubborn girl. I knew this would be hard, but I didn't think it would be this hard. I should've known but still. I didn't even wake up early to go to the gym, mainly because I didn't want to risk waking Allison up. That plan failed.

      "Pleeeaaasssseee baby girl. I have to go to work, Daddy can't be late."

      "Daddy can't go, baby girl needs daddy."

      I think she's in a really young little space. She's showing all the signs. Clingy, pouty,  and she's calling me Daddy in almost every sentence. She may just be tired but either way, it's absolutely adorable. I'm happy she feels comfortable enough to do that, but I need to get to work and I don't think she is going to be very negotiable right now.

      "Okay baby girl, if you let Daddy get up he will give you the biggest hug in the world when he gets out of the shower. Deal?"

      "Hmm...can I get a big kissy too Daddy?"

      "Of course, yes. You will get a huge hug and kiss."

      "Okay Daddy you can get up." With that, Allison rolls off of my chest and I can get up to shower.

      I walk into my closet and grab a plain black button up, a plain black suit jacket, and some plain black suit pants. I have so many suits in this closet that I don't think I'll ever have to wear the same one twice. I do it all the time, but I honestly don't think I would have to.

      I walk out of the closet and see Allison playing with the bunny washcloth that we got at the drugstore. Out of all the toys we bought, that's her favorite. She loves the little things. That's perfect, and one of my favorite things about her.