Chapter 11: My Precious Baby

--James' POV--

      "Daddy..."

      Wait a minute. Did...did she just...no way. She just said daddy. Well, it's more like she mumbled it, very softly, but it's definitely a good sign. A very good sign. That was the scariest conversation I have ever had in my entire life, and I've had to make a good conversation to save my life. Well, that's a story for another day...or not...I don't really think that Allison should hear that story. 

      Allison smiles softly and looks up at me. Her eyes are sparkling, they don't look confused or scared in the slightest. They look, excited? Does she want this? With me?

      "I-I think I want to...to umm...try this with you..." Allison manages to stutter out, looking down at her hands which have begun to play with the ears of the bunny once again.

      "Really? I only want to do this if you are sure Baby Girl, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

      "B-but I don't feel uncomfortable. You make me feel like I can be myself, and I like stuff like this," She says gesturing down to the bunny head on top of the washcloth, "I like stuffed animals, coloring, and Disney movies. I like how you make me feel when you let me do those things. And I-"

      I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers. I couldn't help myself. As my lips make contact with hers the sparks I felt before intensify. My entire body becomes full of warmth and I feel...content. I actually feel like nothing could go wrong, like everything is perfect in the world. At first, Allison is in shock, which is completely understandable. But, in no more than 7 seconds, she melts into the kiss. She is okay with this. She likes it. I- I think she's happy.

      I'm the first to pull away, not because I wanted too, but because I didn't want to make her too uncomfortable. She smiles and looks up at me with an adorable blush on her cheeks, 

      "And I like that. I like that a lot." She says her blush growing deeper.

      I hug her close and we lay on the couch. We just cuddle and fall asleep, I couldn't have asked for a better night.

--Slight Time Jump--

      The next morning I wake up to Allison cuddled into me on the couch. We must have fallen asleep last night, but I don't remember grabbing a blanket. Macy walks out from the restroom and must see my confused face because she winks at me as she walks into the kitchen. I should've guessed.

      Allison starts squirming slightly as her eyes flutter open. She looks up at me and gives a small smile, that is cut off by a yawn. I chuckle and kiss her on the forehead which makes her cheeks turn just the slightest shade of pink.

      "Good morning beautiful, how did you sleep?"

      "Great, I really like sleeping next to you. I think you scare away the monsters because I haven't had a nightmare in 2 nights. How did you sleep Daddy?"

      I have to stop myself from gasping, but I can't stop myself from giving her the biggest smile. She just called me Daddy. It normally takes littles a while to get used to calling their care giver something if they are new, but Allison did it with no hesitation.

      "I slept wonderfully Baby Girl. And just so you know, I will always be here to scare away your monsters."

      I want to ask her about the nightmares. I want to know why she used to have them. What they were about. But I have a feeling it is hard for her to talk about and I don't want to scare her. She smiles at me, but then her stomach makes a grumbling noise. Did I feed her dinner last night? NO! Oh my gosh how could I have been so dumb? She blushes and looks down, as if she is ashamed of being hungry. I can only imagine what Andrew would do to her if she made any sign to show her hunger. The thought just makes me cringe.