Chapter 31: How to Stab Someone in the Back

--James' POV--

      "No, that doesn't make sense either. Uggghhh...how could he know all that stuff? Who does he have working for him?" I ask Kyle for the thousandth time.

      "I don't kn- oh my gosh James. I think I just figured it out." He says looking up from the papers he had been sifting through.

      "Well, spit it out..."

      "Okay, who is the only person that knew about the research we were doing on Cadrick?"

      "Other than you and me, we only told...no way...he couldn't have."

      "James," Kyle says walking towards me, "Dustin is the only other person that knew about this. He's the only one. I'm sorry but I think he's the rat."

      "Get him here. Now." I say as I walk out of the room.

      I see Kyle nod and then exit entirely with a huff. I can't believe he would betray me like that. My own worker. My own friend. I'm past a point of anger, and I need to calm down before he gets here. Allison. She'll be able to calm me down.

      I walk downstairs and see Allison cuddled up between Jeremy and Macy. They are just talking, probably trying to explain to her what is all going on. All of a sudden I feel all of my problems disappear. She needs me.

      "Hey baby girl, how's it going?"

      She says nothing as she crawls over Jeremy and into my lap. Something's going on.

      "Jeremy, Macy, what's going on with her? Is everything okay?"

      "I think so," responds Jeremy with an understanding look, "she's scared and confused. She wants to save us James, and she doesn't want you to get hurt for her."

      "Alright, thank you Jeremy. And you Macy. For everything you both do."

      They nod and smile warmly at me as I get us and carry Allison upstairs. She says nothing, but she doesn't need to. I can feel how scared she is. She's trembling in my arms. She won't open her eyes. She won't even talk to me. Once we get back to my office I sit in my desk chair and Allison just cuddles closer to me.

      "Baby girl," I say making her shaking self to look up at me, "I'm not going to let him touch any of us alright?"

      "I know Daddy but he's so scary...and how do you know he won't touch anyone? He's so strong Daddy, and super sneaky. It's just gotten worse over the years too. I know you say you know him very well but I lived with him for almost 3 years. I've seen him get stronger...I've...I've felt him get stronger..."

      She starts to cry making me want to both cry with her but also beat the crap out of Andrew. She's probably right. I don't know this man anymore. But she does. Allison knows him probably better than anyone.

       "You're right baby, I don't know everything he's capable of. Not yet. But I think I know a man who does know what he's capable of."

      "Weally?" she asks in her little voice. It's adorable.

     "Yes, really. He should be coming soon actually and I think you know who it is."

      "I do?"

      "Yes baby girl. Do you remember Dustin? The guy who works at-"

      "At the comfy office? Yeah I remember him. He know's about...him?"

      "Yeah, I think he does. I think he's been helping Andrew get to us and I think I need to have a talk with him. Do you want to stay with me or go back with Macy and Jer-"